Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...is the waiting period before I can ask questions and participate like a normal user? Being unable to fully participate is quite frustrating and I can find no stated reasoning for it.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
...is the waiting period before I can ask questions and participate like a normal user? Being unable to fully participate is quite frustrating and I can find no stated reasoning for it.
Big Blue will an answer that shortly, but I think you need to post like 5 times and then all will open up.
Also I think you probably have QD-II not QT-I. A limited with a 5.7 hemi usually has QD-II. Do you have a Quadra Drive II on the console just to the rear of the shift lever?

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
Big Blue will an answer that shortly, but I think you need to post like 5 times and then all will open up.
Also I think you probably have QD-II not QT-I. A limited with a 5.7 hemi usually has QD-II. Do you have a Quadra Drive II on the console just to the rear of the shift lever?
You are correct. All 2006 Limiteds with the HEMI had the Quadra-Drive II system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...but I think you need to post like 5 times and then all will open up.
Do these 5 posts have to be replies in the new user section or can they be in any section? I have a question to ask about a potential problem, but I'm not eligible to create a new post yet in any other section.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just 5 posts...anywhere and it should open up for you.

Also, there’s a questionnaire you’ll need to fill out so everyone knows what you have.

Welcome!

·
Registered
338 Posts
some of us don't look in individual forums, but at active topics... post your questions and we'll see them....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
some of us don't look in individual forums, but at active topics... post your questions and we'll see them....
Ok, here goes.

My wife and I recently acquired a 2006 Jeep Commander Limited and overall it's in great condition. One small issue, though, is that the dome lights turn on when any door is opened after turning off the vehicle except the driver's door. Of course, I can manually switch on the dome lights by pressing them, but they don't come on when the driver's door is opened as I've seen in virtually every other car I've owned or driven. I spent some time looking for a stuck or damaged switch around the driver's door hoping to fix or replace it, but I can't locate such a switch. Any ideas?

Thanks for your time and shared wisdom!

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
Ok, here goes.

My wife and I recently acquired a 2006 Jeep Commander Limited and overall it's in great condition. One small issue, though, is that the dome lights turn on when any door is opened after turning off the vehicle except the driver's door. Of course, I can manually switch on the dome lights by pressing them, but they don't come on when the driver's door is opened as I've seen in virtually every other car I've owned or driven. I spent some time looking for a stuck or damaged switch around the driver's door hoping to fix or replace it, but I can't locate such a switch. Any ideas?

Thanks for your time and shared wisdom!
It is possible that you have a broken wire in the wiring tube that runs between the door and the body.

·
Super Moderator
5,769 Posts
Do these 5 posts have to be replies in the new user section or can they be in any section? I have a question to ask about a potential problem, but I'm not eligible to create a new post yet in any other section.
@aw_b;

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/89-new-member-section/63025-required-reading-new-member-introduction-post-other-important-new-member-info.html

You can only post in the new member section until you reach 5 posts.

The information is here - you just have to read.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts