Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've played around with an eBay intake in various forms (different methods of installation) but what I've noticed mostly is that it's incredibly loud on my 5.7 and what I'm trying to find out is if it's the intake, or just the 5.7

So for example I know the 5.7 in stock form is already louder than say a 4.7, and I also know that installing a CAI with a cone type filter will increase the sound, but is everyone else's 5.7 a lot louder with a cone type filter intake?

I used to have a 4.7 H.O. and when I added a CAI it bumped up the sound to a nice level, but on this 5.7 the thing is just beastly loud.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I forget who said it but after the intake was installed his hemi went "boooowhooooo". Yes it is louder, which is good right? A look at the stock intake will show multiple convoluted tubes used to muffle the sound of the incoming air.

·
Registered
9 Posts
YANSER is wise... the ugly stock box is a maze of sound-deadening channels and it does it's job well. It's choking a beast! Go for a good quality intake kit on your Hemi and watch the dude in the Tahoe next to you spill his coffee... I like to do that.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
i put a K&N CAI on my 3.7 and it sounds a lot better now. Sounds like a V8, the exhaust is louder just because the engine flows better. at start up it has that sucking sound but after the engine is warm the oil warms up a tad and you dont hear it so much. i'd definitely get it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts