Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im about to get some 5% tint. How much did you guys pay for your 5%?

·
Registered
205 Posts
It doesn't go by percentage. It goes by vehicle, installer, and product. I paid $70 to have my front drivers side and passenger side windows tinted @ 15%. My product is Lumar.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what it goes by, How much did those of you pay to get 5% installed on your commander

·
Registered
205 Posts
Doobyshire said:
I know what it goes by, How much did those of you pay to get 5% installed on your commander
So, if you know what it goes by, why are you still specifically asking those who got 5%?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not talking about buying film and doing it yourself if thats what you mean. I've had three vehicles tinted at three different places. You have to pick what percent you want and let them check out your windows to tell you how much it costs. Since we all have commanders, I want to know how much it costs.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ok...apparently we're not getting anywhere. No, I didn't tint my own windows...I went to a shop who matched my rear windows...I have no clue where you got the idea that I did it myself. This is my third vehicle to be tinted. The first vehicle was a cheap job, and the tint sucks (faded and bunched in the corners), so I'll be having it redone this summer.

·
Registered
121 Posts
$70 for the front 2 windows plus a strip on the windshield.

·
Registered
163 Posts
You know guys on ebay theres companies out their that already have the front 2doors windows already per cut for $16.99 for any type percentage tint. You need a spray bottle with a bit of dish soap and a small squeegee and a bit of patience and heat gun or blow dryer and they also if you want they can send you a kit with all of this including a instructions for around $9.99. Ive done it on my past 2 trucks and it came out to be very nice looking,. Very min issues. save some money and do it yourself if you want to. .

·
Registered
132 Posts
$70 for both the front windows and % didn't matter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
RedCommander said:
My tint shop does them for $25 per window. Does not matter in the least what % the tint is.... However, since you're wanting them illegally tinted they may charge you more for that.
where do you live that it is illegal to tint windows?

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
aproy said:
where do you live that it is illegal to tint windows?
He wasn't talking about the place but the the % of the tint. He wanted 5% tint which is illegal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
jeep5253 said:
He wasn't talking about the place but the the % of the tint. He wanted 5% tint which is illegal.
i hear you, i was really wondering then why would it be more expensive to have your vehicle tinted with illegal tint.

no worries, doesnt really matter.

·
Registered
269 Posts
3m Tint $75.00 for both and as far the % It didn't matter to me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts