Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you ever stop and think about how much money and time we spend improving & upgrading our Commanders?

My Commander was bone-stock when I bought it as the second owner, it didn't even have a trailer hitch installed.

It boggles my mind when I stop and think about how much I have spent - and how much money I continue to spend, striving to get my Commander just the way I want it.

So I ask all of you, how much money and how many modifications is too much??

Is there a limit?

I'm thinking there is not.....

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
There is not a limit on the money that can be spent for upgrades if needed and used, if there are multi purposes that it is serving then mods. may be varied yet still useful.

Swanny

·
Registered
370 Posts
You only live once. We could and probably have spent money on worse things. If you find a hobby that makes you happy....go for it and do not look back. Money comes and goes. I have spent more money on my tattoos then my XK lol and I have spent over $5k on my XK. Still many mods to go!

With all that said. Live within your means. Don't go buying a skid plate if your struggling to buy diapers and formula!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Banned
105 Posts
Well it's almost the same kind of question of how much maintenance is too much when compared to the value of the jeep.

I've given up on any kind of math when it comes to our jeeps, if we own it and the body is in good shape it only makes sense to keep it in good operating condition, if it performs well off road or in bad weather and otherwise emergency conditions of course it makes sense to have it in good shape.

Those are just excuses. Any consideration comes down to does it make the jeep better and are we going to keep it. If the answer is yes, then the rest is up to what the budget can stand. But we've been lucky so far we haven't lost a jeep and had go go through the loss of all the effort put in.
I think if we were to lose a vehicle after a lot of upgrades/maintenance it might alter this philosophy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
You only live once. We could and probably have spent money on worse things. If you find a hobby that makes you happy....go for it and do not look back. Money comes and goes. I have spent more money on my tattoos then my XK lol and I have spent over $5k on my XK. Still many mods to go!

With all that said. Live within your means. Don't go buying a skid plate if your struggling to buy diapers and formula!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
diapers are going to bankrupt me... :surprise:

·
Registered
283 Posts
According to my wife there is definitely a limit - one that I reach regularly!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts