Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I come in from the parking lot at my night class tonight and my rear passenger fender flare has a white ring around the edge about 6 inches long. I'm thinking the light has to be hitting it funny since there is no parking place on that side of the vehicle. Well it wasn't the light and there is a 6" long scrape on the edge of the fender flare.

Anyone have any idea what it would cost to have it painted back to OEM spec? Can it be repaired or will it have to be completely repainted?

·
Registered
473 Posts
is it just a scuff or did it remove some of your paint?
if its just a scuff you should be able to buff it out. i have also used a dab of paint thinner on a rag to remove these scuffs before. i had one on my right rear flare and used the paint thinner. can't tell it was ever there.
if it damaged your paint then you will have to have that repaired and i'm not a body man so i can't tell you the best fix for that.
funny how idiots always find the nicest vehicle in the lot to bump into. i have a 10 year old truck and my wifes previous vehicle was a 99 durango and nobody ever touched them. had our JC for 2 months and an idiot scuffs it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its definitely through the paint. I'm figuring they will probably charge two hours to remove, resurface, repaint the fender flare. That means probably in the 150ish area to repaint it. I'm going to try to get an estimate this morning to find out.

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well for anyone that is curious. It would have cost 217.xx to repaint the fender flare or 147 to get a new one repaint it and install it from the dealership. The fender flare itself was only 37.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I paid $147 several months ago for the exact same thing. Had to wait until they had the paint in for another car, then they removed flare, repainted & reinstalled (with plastic push clips & plastic pop rivets). This was at my dealer's body shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts