Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how often people rotate their tires. I am on my stock goodyears and they are wearing great! A little more wear in the front, but not bad!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I only have 1000 miles on my Commander but I plan to rotate my tires every 6,000 miles as I have with my 3 previous Jeeps. I also insist that they perform a forward cross when doing the rotation. I noticed some dealers, etc. have no clue what you're talking about when you tell them to rotate tires that way, eventhough most manufacturer's suggest that method.

·
Registered
195 Posts
6K+, depending on the oil change event. I've been using Castrol Part Synthetic at a 4000mile change. 36000 miles, two years old this month.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I do it everything 10,000km, and I include the spare in the rotation. For one, if I ever blow a tire, I want an even replacement, and second - if I don't take it down every so often, it'll rust up there. My dad to this day can't get the spare down from his 00' Silverado, all sorts of shops and dealers have tried.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I will be rotating my tires every 6,000 miles which will be coming up next month! Im sitting at approx 5,200 miles now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I rotate my tires every oil change. That is every 3k miles. I owned a jeep wrangler for several years. Being a jeep tech, I notice tires on jeep vehicles will severly cup on the edges if they are not rotated enough. They reccommend every 6k. I rotated my tires every 3k on the wrangler and they lasted for almost 50k miles. The average I see on Jeeps the tires only last around 30k. I reccommend to all my friends to do it every oil change if they have the money. It doesnt hurt. When I rotate the tires I cross the front 2 tires to the back and move the rear tires straight to the front. And always always always set your tire pressures to the spec on the door. This will increase the longevity of the tire and make them wear evenly. And remember to set the pressure when the tires are cold not after you driven.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Every 6K! Take it to Discount tires and they do it for free!

Later, TexasHemi

·
Registered
104 Posts
I do it every 5K, only because it's easy to remember (I started at 5K). I also include the spare in the rotation. So as not to take any chances, I mark the final location of each tire with a wax pencil. I also pull the spare out and put it in the back. This way I know for sure they are rotated correctly. I always buy a lifetime rotate and balance from the Firestone dealer (costs about $60). They honor it on a vehicle basis, when I get new tires, they still do the rotation & balance for that vehicle. Tires seem to be wearing very well. I am about to turn 20K miles.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Every 3moths as I cover 50,000 miles a year! :eek:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts