Jeep Commander Forum banner

How often you go off-road on your Commander?

• Never, don't want & not willing to go off-road

Votes: 42 18.7%
  • Occasionally, maybe once or twice every several months

Votes: 82 36.4%
  • Sometimes, at least once a month

Votes: 48 21.3%
  • Often, between one to three times a month

Votes: 30 13.3%
  • Very often, almost every weekend

Votes: 23 10.2%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
all the time every day if i could i got land between the lakes ky and fort campbell tank trails love it y buy a jeep for a grocery getter?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Haven't been yet but planning some forestry trails in the next month. I have never owned a 4WD and don't want to go rock crawling but really enjoyed taking my Lincoln down some trails and getting it dirty. The Jeep is way more capable off road so I would like to start going more....but my life is usually spend driving on pavement 6 hours a day.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We bought it for very snowy and icy roads, and the number of seats in it. It is the best built Jeep in my opinion. My WK is for the fairly extreme off-roading.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
I do not go off road, I bought mine for the looks and the Jeep brand name. However, I love the idea of off-roading....I'm like the cheerleader on here (that's what GPintheMItten told me) I support your adventures and would love to go riding with ya! :)

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I do not go off road, I bought mine for the looks and the Jeep brand name. However, I love the idea of off-roading....I'm like the cheerleader on here (that's what GPintheMItten told me) I support your adventures and would love to go riding with ya! :)
Come over to England, we have some nice soft trails over here especially for the lady :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
We hit a trail when the weather permits, everytime we go into the mountains.. Empty fields my little girl even wanted to tackle the eight foot snow banks at rabbit ears pass last weekend, When I told her we would probably get stuck she asked when i put the lift on then could we?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Off roading for me. We have plenty of road chalenges in daily driving. But it I did want to, I would take the old Cherokee and not risk damaging a new expensive vehicle!

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Since the first of May I have gone out 3 times. Once in Michigan and twice in Florida. I want to hit The Mounds a couple of times more.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just getting, hope to be able to do some none-damaging green lanes etc - basically go somewhere I couldn't in my CR-V!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Need another category. Commander will see very limited off road use as I have a TJ the wheels twice a month and wheels hard. Saving the newer $$ Commander as the DD.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Every chance I get usually equates to every other weekend a trip camping and off roading. My only problem is in So Cal I have only discovered one location with trails and in WI Nicolet is pretty far north.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Three times this month, but that is not normal for me.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Off road for me is backing up across about 150 feet of lawn to hook up my utility trailer once a week to haul my lawn tractor around. Got the XK for the harsh winter around town.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
266 Posts
more now

my answer was once every few months but now that i will have better tires it will be more often ....oh ya skids are next but im looking at round $400..for all the major ones .....ya baby ....my tires and wheel go on thursday night:rofl: :devil: :alf:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just picked it up yesterday and the first thing my wife and me did today was take it off roading. It was raining today so it was also the first time it got muddy. What a great truck.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts