Jeep Commander Forum banner

How often you go off-road on your Commander?

• Never, don't want & not willing to go off-road

Votes: 42 18.8%
  • Occasionally, maybe once or twice every several months

Votes: 82 36.6%
  • Sometimes, at least once a month

Votes: 47 21.0%
  • Often, between one to three times a month

Votes: 30 13.4%
  • Very often, almost every weekend

Votes: 23 10.3%

• Total voters
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
poll how many times you go off road

Went to Oak Ridge off roading. And did one off road geocaching cache so far with our 2007 Jeep Commander Hemi..

Location here is tipp city, ohio north of dayton, oh:) Like to do more.. Anyone in the area??
Rich
geocachedj

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I used to go off roading every chance I got. In September I transfered units and have to drive 5 1/2 hours away once a month for drill weekend. Thats on top of having to drive to work everyday for my actice duty job in the guard. So I dont go off roading as often now until I get a little extra money saved up so if something breaks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bought the XK in last July. My first real off-roading was in September. I put the lift on in October, and the 4XGuard rock rails on two weeks ago. Here I am on Metal Masher last weekend in Moab.

I'm hooked now and going at least twice a month.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nothing more than on the beach in the Outer Banks, but like previous posts, it's not because I don't want to, I just don't have the time. Work about 70 hour weeks, have a wife, baby, and motorcycles. I'd much rather ride on two wheels! If the situation arises, I'm up for the fun.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just got mine this dec was scared of the mileage but needed the room my ram wasn't cutting it but ima off roading about three times a month live in el paso have a few dunes and rocky trails

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
i go just about every weekend due to my hobbies hiking and photography not always serious wheelin i am building mine to be more of an overland expedition vehicle but i still do some serious wheelin too

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Want to, haven't, the Commander or GC or previous Jeeps. Hard to find a place. Ohio is toying with opening off road trails in their state parks - Hope it passes :phone:

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I live in western PA. I am lucky plenty of off road trails. Now we have the bonus of having the Bantam Heritage rally awesome time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In the US quite a lot, say once a week. In Austria never, since its illegal everywhere, one has to use special offroad areas, which is like trying to swim in a bath tub.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Finally went for the 1st time. Tray Mountain, Ga. Nice easy Forest Rd going up. Took a different way down. About a 1/16 of a mile I was rock crawling. The other part was rough and bouncy, mud, slick, and had to avoid puncture rocks sting out of the trail. There was no backing up and very few places to pass. 8 miles took me about an 1 hr and 45 minutes. Wife didn't like it. She kept getting out every time I got to an obstacle. So she walked a good 2 1/2 miles. It was fun.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Finally went for the 1st time. Tray Mountain, Ga. Nice easy Forest Rd going up. Took a different way down. About a 1/16 of a mile I was rock crawling. The other part was rough and bouncy, mud, slick, and had to avoid puncture rocks sting out of the trail. There was no backing up and very few places to pass. 8 miles took me about an 1 hr and 45 minutes. Wife didn't like it. She kept getting out every time I got to an obstacle. So she walked a good 2 1/2 miles. It was fun.
I have some friends that go to Tray Mountain pretty regularly.

I myself have been to Tucaluge Creek /War Woman WMA near Clayton Georgia several times before.

·
Registered
17 Posts
No off-roading really, the girlfriend doesn't want me getting her truck dirty LOL

I wish I could, I miss my cherokee and I know a Hemi + QDII is a pretty solid combo

61 - 77 of 77 Posts