Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Have installed some Halo driving lamps in place of the standard fogs and wish to swap out the standard side light bulbs as they look so yellow!!! have some LED's in mind for the swap but how the hell do you remove the bulbs!!!!???

removed the small access panels in the engine bay just behind the lights and can reah in and feel the bottom of the side lights......feels like two small spikes either side of the feed wires............but how on earth do the bulbs come out??? twist?? pull?? squeeze?? i have no idea..........cheers in advance for any help guys.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You got a pic of the halo's fitted?

Where did you get them from?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fella's. Cav T........have to apologise mate as I still have your fuel filler......recently moved and it just got packed away. Still have it though so will send it off this weekend. Got the lamps from Halfrauds....were 80 squids but reduced to 30!!! Made by ring......pics to follow. Keegan are you on something??? :s

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks fella's. Cav T........have to apologise mate as I still have your fuel filler......recently moved and it just got packed away. Still have it though so will send it off this weekend. Got the lamps from Halfrauds....were 80 squids but reduced to 30!!! Made by ring......pics to follow. Keegan are you on something??? :s
That's not a prob mate on the filler. I'm really interested to see the Halos fitted as I've been considering the same mod to mine. Are they on sale at halfrauds or were they a damaged packaging deal? Have you had to take the lamp to bits to fit a halo, or are they full new lamps?

·
Administrator
15,223 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just gonna upload pics in the electrical section.......lights alive!!! :)

No damaged packaging reduced on the shelf price........not a direct replacement as such. But basically the fog light is in two parts. Separated the lens from the black plastic housing as it just clips together and then drilled two holes in the top of the plastic housing to bolt through to the bracket on the new halo driving lamps.........as simple as that really. Can always clip the original fog lamp lenses back in if u wish.

Now why has Keegan not replied yet about the perils of not performing regular maintenance!!!! :)

·
Registered
696 Posts
So you have someone else change your bulbs for you?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts