Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew how to remove the door trim/tailgate without damaging the pieces? Is it a big deal, or do I need to take it to a shop? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Door Panel Removal

1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
2. Remove the three screws (2) that secure the front door trim panel (1) to the door.
3. Carefully pull the front door trim panel far away enough from the door to disengage the seven plastic door trim panel retention clips (3) from the door.
4. Lift the rear of the panel upward slightly to disengage the interior door latch lock link and knob from the rear of the door panel and the inner belt seal.
5. Lower trim panel and separate the trim panel mirror flag from the clip.
6. Disgard the mirror flag clip.
7. Position the front door trim panel far enough away to access the door wire harness connectors (1) and the interior door handle actuator rod (3).
8. Disconnect the interior door handle actuator rod from the interior door handle (4).
9. Disconnect the wire harness connectors (2) from the power door switch assembly.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, but I was actually referring to the outside trim. I guess I should have put "door moldings" instead of trim, so my fault. Do I need to remove the inside panel to unclip the moldings, or can I simply pry them off?

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
The door trim are held on with both tape and clips, but they pry off from the outside. For the one on the tailgate, you have to get it from the inside. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The door trim are held on with both tape and clips, but they pry off from the outside. For the one on the tailgate, you have to get it from the inside. :eek:rangehat:
Ahh I see. I'll carefully pry them off slowly so the clips won't break. As for the tailgate, I took a look at it today. Like you said, it looked like I had to take the panel out from inside the trunk door. Don't know if its worth me tampering with it though. Thanks for the reply, at least I can take off the door moldings with confidence.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts