1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
2. Remove the three screws (2) that secure the front door trim panel (1) to the door.
3. Carefully pull the front door trim panel far away enough from the door to disengage the seven plastic door trim panel retention clips (3) from the door.
4. Lift the rear of the panel upward slightly to disengage the interior door latch lock link and knob from the rear of the door panel and the inner belt seal.
5. Lower trim panel and separate the trim panel mirror flag from the clip.
6. Disgard the mirror flag clip.
7. Position the front door trim panel far enough away to access the door wire harness connectors (1) and the interior door handle actuator rod (3).
8. Disconnect the interior door handle actuator rod from the interior door handle (4).
9. Disconnect the wire harness connectors (2) from the power door switch assembly.
Thanks man, but I was actually referring to the outside trim. I guess I should have put "door moldings" instead of trim, so my fault. Do I need to remove the inside panel to unclip the moldings, or can I simply pry them off?
Ahh I see. I'll carefully pry them off slowly so the clips won't break. As for the tailgate, I took a look at it today. Like you said, it looked like I had to take the panel out from inside the trunk door. Don't know if its worth me tampering with it though. Thanks for the reply, at least I can take off the door moldings with confidence.
Most of the threads on the forum are old so I'm starting a new one.
I'm looking to buy the rear grab bars and looking for leads before I commit.
I have found them for about 90.00 online for new ones.
Does any member have a lead on cheaper new ones or a great price on used ones?
Thanks in advance
I recently picked up a used Aries 1048 (I believe) brush guard used for $50. I also want to install a front receiver to use with a portable winch when needed. The Curt 31056 front receiver is made for the Commander and is on Amazon for $165. I haven't ordered it yet but I'm getting close. I just...
I haven't been active on the board in awhile. My commander has been sitting mostly. I did decide to buy some wheels and add chrome door handle and mirror trim. The wheels are the usual SRT8 variety and they fit the commander well. Anyway here are a few pics and a before/after collage
Sylvania makes a LED bulb for the fog lights (9145). They are supposed to be a direct replacement without any modifications. I was wondering if anyone has tried them yet. There are mixed reviews on Amazon. Some people had to reverse the polarity depending on the vehicle or they flicker or...
Had a good weekend to do quite a bit of mods. I will list them below with pictures. First here is a before picture.
Did the front bumper cutting mod. Absolutely love it.
Installed 4xG Matrix with Stinger and (2) 100W Off road lights.
Put in all new LED Interior Lights and license plate...