Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove the intake cover that sits on the intake. Is their screws or pop ups. Reason is that im at work and its -1 degree outside and Im wanting to bid on a intake tube on ebay. So any info within the hour would be great. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
There are 2 clips. Very easy. No tools needed.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are they on the sides because I seen 1 by the air intake box but did seen one anywhere else. SO no tools. Like it snaps in and out.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, maybe I should have stated the top where the throttle body is. It attaches to it then goes to the air box.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
Ranger6882 said:
...it is not that easy to get off
Mine is easy to get off. Both of my clips are in the front.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey jeep5253 im trying to remove the one by the throttle body. It attaches to it then goes to the air box. The whole section that hides the rest of the intake tube going to the THROTTLE BODY>

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any help guys. I dont want to break it and would like to still do a after market intake but with the cover. thanks but if it doesnt work then at least I can install it back to the way it was.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
There is a bolt on the back side somewhere. You're trying to take off the tube that leads from the airbox to the intake right?

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Here's a thread that might help. If you look at the fifth pic down, the one that shows the engine coolant tank in it, look directly to the left of the intake, there's is a bolt that screws in from the top. The bolt is missing in the pic, but you can tell where there was one. Hope this helps.
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1706&highlight=intake

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks crzcajun I think I got it now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts