Jeep Commander Forum banner

HOW TO: Remove the Dash

54K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  mb1k 
#1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know how to remove the dash? I want to install an after market radio, but I have no idea where to begin. Pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I have a 2007 commander, w/factory radio.

#2 · (Edited)

Originally posted by A49erFootballFan:

There are 16 bolts in the dash, you only need to remove the ones marked as an X

OX XO OX XO
XO XX XX OX

You will see how the four sections of bolts are when you look at the dash.

#3 ·
In this picture you can see which screws do not need to be removed.

#5 ·
pics...you can't tease us all and tell us you put your new radio in and not post pics....:bash:

#7 ·
Know its an old thread, but how do you pull off all the bezel around your heat controls to access the cigarette lighter.

#8 ·
You have to take the dash off, then take out the rubber cupholders, then take the surrounding trim off from around the shifter assembly. This might be the hardest part cause it feels really fragile. You really need to get a big screwdriver or something wide and flat and strong and pry up from the cupholder side first. Then simply pull the top of bezel away then the bottom part which is a tad harder. Kind of a pain in the butt but once you've done it once it's not too bad.

#11 ·
#13 ·
I like video's ( some say I can't read ?). So here is a link that shows how to easily remove the middle dash cover and controls by itself. Helps when not needing to remove the entire dash. Its for installation of an aftermarket electronic device some members have, but the video may help with many other projects in this area of the vehicle.
Center dash removal

Reactions: mb1k
#19 ·
This video saved me a lot of time and effort today!

Thanks for posting it.

#20 · (Edited)
Reactions: mb1k
#15 ·
Hey, USMC, I like the link for the video. Did you by chance shoot it?
I wish, I'm not near that talented !! Its from Coastal Electronic Technologies website, to help show how to install one of their products.

A common "How to Video" link might be a good idea, even to other sites like this or YouTube as you mention.

#17 ·
As long as it come forward it should work.

#22 ·
I have 2008 jeep commander and I want to replace the front evaporator core, and I dont know how to remove the dash inorder to replace the core, please inform me by pictures or diagrams
Have you read this thread ?

#24 ·
USMC,

Thanks for the gouge! That link in money. It's going to make my accessory outlet project that much easier this weekend.

Fly Navy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.