Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am a 2006 Jeep Commander owner and a new member of these forums. I am currently experiencing no power on the passenger side power outlet socket and rear power outlet socket.

I have changed the following fuses in the interior fuse box:
Cavity #4 - 20 AMP Yellow - Rr Pwr Out (B+)
Cavity #9 - 20 AMP Yellow - Pwr Outlet (B+)
Cavity #14 - 20 AMP Yellow - Cigar Ltr (R/A)

I have changed the following fuses in the Power Distribution Center under the hood:
Cavity #2 - 30 AMP Pink - Power Outlets
Cavity #11 - 30 AMP Pink - Cig Ltr/T-Tow

Since changing all the fuses, I gained power on the driver-side cigarette lighter but not on the passenger side power outlet socket and rear power outlet socket. Looking at a schematic online it looks like my other choice is to replace the K2 power outlet relay found in the back of the interior fuse box.

My main question is, what method is the best way to replace the K2 relay? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- DukeX007X

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,200 Posts
Read this about the interior fuses and relays.
Junction Block explained | Jeep Commander Forum

Also
Welcome to the forum. Please read this and fill in some of your details and make a signature with your Commander details. (year, model trim, engine, 4wd system, etc.) It is nice for us know what your Commander has in it so we can better help you.
(1) Forum Rules / Vendor Rules | Jeep Commander Forum

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Read this about the interior fuses and relays.
Junction Block explained | Jeep Commander Forum

Also
Welcome to the forum. Please read this and fill in some of your details and make a signature with your Commander details. (year, model trim, engine, 4wd system, etc.) It is nice for us know what your Commander has in it so we can better help you.
(1) Forum Rules / Vendor Rules | Jeep Commander Forum

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have.
Hello rblapham,

Thank you for your reply. I was reading the "Junction Block explained" post. In order to get to the back of the Junction Block, I would have to remove it? I would prefer to remove the Junction Block as a last resort.

Could I go ahead and remove the negative terminal from the battery and then attempt reaching around the junction block and pull out the K2 relay? Any tips, illustrations, or videos are welcome.

Again, thank you for your time.

- DukeX007X

·
Super Moderator
1,200 Posts
At the end of my first post there are 2 .PDF files one is Junction block removal.pdf . Not very hard to do, and yes disconnect the battery is advisable. NO to get to the relays on the back side - pull the Junction block. Looks like K10 is for power outlets?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At the end of my first post there are 2 .PDF files one is Junction block removal.pdf . Not very hard to do, and yes disconnect the battery is advisable. NO to get to the relays on the back side - pull the Junction block. Looks like K10 is for power outlets?
rblapham,

Thank you for your quick reply. Yes looking at the .pdfs, do the Junction Box connectors have enough slack on them to pull the Junction Box down enough to get to the K10 relay? What type of relay is it? What are the name and specs?
The reason I am having hesitations with the Junction Box removal is I don't want to mess with something that is not broken. I have experience troubleshooting electronics but I don't want to risk any damage to any components, wires, etc. that could occur removing the Junction Box.

Thank you for the correction of the K10 relay. The reason I kept calling it the K2 relay is because of this illustration found in fuse-box.info.
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Pattern

I went ahead and changed the thread title to the appropriate relay according to the .pdf. Thank you again for all your help.

- DukeX007X

·
Super Moderator
1,200 Posts
Just go ahead and pull the Junction Block. A new one isn't too expensive -- if you can find one, a problem on a lot of Commander parts 15 years after they stopped making them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just go ahead and pull the Junction Block. A new one isn't too expensive -- if you can find one, a problem on a lot of Commander parts 15 years after they stopped making them.
rblapham,

Thank you for your reply and for your recommendations. I already experienced parts not being manufactured anymore when I had to replace my compressor a few months ago and ended up going with an aftermarket one.

I found a post on this forum titled: Power outlets not working

Just to confirm, the power outlet relay K10 is for the power outlet sockets on the passenger and rear side? Or is it for the driver-side cigarette lighter? Or Both? According to this schematic, it looks like the power outlet sockets are getting power directly from the battery and the fuses are the only thing on the line. Power Outlet Instrument Panel is the cigarette lighter correct?

Rectangle Schematic Font Slope Parallel

- DukeX007X

·
Super Moderator
1,200 Posts
Yes cigarette lighter. The K10 also says for 12V outlets?
Also a good thing - check all fuses - sometimes back circuits do strange things.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes cigarette lighter. The K10 also says for 12V outlets?
Also a good thing - check all fuses - sometimes back circuits do strange things.
rblapham,

Thank you for the reply, Good suggestion I'll check the rest of the fuses on the weekend and report back. I'll also go ahead and replace the K10 Relay as well. What is the part number for the K10 relay to place an order?

Again, thank you for all your help.

- DukeX007X

·
Super Moderator
1,200 Posts
Don't know part number of relay, pull one off (K10) and take to auto parts store? The diagrams also show a couple "Spare" spots. Possibly one in there to use?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't know part number of relay, pull one off (K10) and take to auto parts store? The diagrams also show a couple "Spare" spots. Possibly one in there to use?
rblapham,

Thank you for the reply. Good call, whenever I get this done. I'll reply with my results.

- DukeX007X

1 - 11 of 11 Posts