Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Commander 3.7L V6 4WD QT-I
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a c2200 code on my 2008 Commander and am looking for tips on replacing the abs module. I seen a video where it shows just replacing the module and not the pump that attaches to the break lines. Is that an OK approach? If so it would be easier and cleaner. I bought a used abs module since they don't seem to make it new anymore and I'm contemplating removing the abs module from the assembly and I stalling that. Any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated.

I've checked all fuses prior to this so I'm pretty sure it's the module given the code.

Thanks

·
Registered
2006 4.7L
75 Posts
Are you planning on replacing the Integrated Control Unit (ICU), Electronic Brake Controller (EBC), or Hydraulic Control Unit (HCU)?
You're probably going to need to bleed the system which involves both conventional and using a DRB scan tool.
Or a trip to the dealer for the later.
I have the Chrysler Jeep 4 volume dealer service manuals for my 06, the ABS section takes up 20 pages.
Maybe can send you pics.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you planning on replacing the Integrated Control Unit (ICU), Electronic Brake Controller (EBC), or Hydraulic Control Unit (HCU)?
You're probably going to need to bleed the system which involves both conventional and using a DRB scan tool.
Or a trip to the dealer for the later.
I have the Chrysler Jeep 4 volume dealer service manuals for my 06, the ABS section takes up 20 pages.
Maybe can send you pics.
20 pages wow:) If I can figure out how to remove just the abs module (which I think is also called the ICU) then I will only change that. I'm likely leaving the exsisting HCU andf I'm going to try to do it w/o remving the entire assembly which would require disconnecting all of the break lines and obviuously bleeding the system. If you cand find the section of the manual that relates to the ICU and HCU that would be great. I have seen plenty of folks that witched just the ICU w/o even removing the HCU I'm just not 100% if its possible on the Commander.

Thanks for replying and piucs of the servcie manaul would be swesome.

·
Registered
2006 4.7L
75 Posts
20 pages wow:) If I can figure out how to remove just the abs module (which I think is also called the ICU) then I will only change that. I'm likely leaving the exsisting HCU andf I'm going to try to do it w/o remving the entire assembly which would require disconnecting all of the break lines and obviuously bleeding the system. If you cand find the section of the manual that relates to the ICU and HCU that would be great. I have seen plenty of folks that witched just the ICU w/o even removing the HCU I'm just not 100% if its possible on the Commander.

Thanks for replying and piucs of the servcie manaul would be swesome.
I see you have the 3.7L, so I'll try to focus (pun) on those.
Probably tomorrow after Dr. Appointment.
Jim

·
Registered
2006 4.7L
75 Posts
Here is the diagnostics procedures for your C2200
The whole ABS diagnostic section is about 250 pages long.
Hope it helps pin point if you have a bad modual.
Font Material property Parallel Paper Paper product
Font Material property Paper Paper product Document
Font Parallel Publication Handwriting Paper product

·
Administrator
8,162 Posts
@jklightner ; I was just about to tell you that;

I know you're trying to help but DO NOT post more than 10 images per post and MAKE sure they are not any larger than 1024 x 768 Pixels.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2006 4.7L
75 Posts
@jklightner ; I was just about to tell you that;

I know you're trying to help but DO NOT post more than 10 images per post and MAKE sure they are not any larger than 1024 x 768 Pixels.
Sorry about that.
Will check the camera settings next time.
Can you do anything to get them in the proper order?
James Lightner

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've grumbled a lot, as many people have through the years on this board, coming here looking for information and finding dead links to pictures that were hosted outside of this website.

But here's a case where you really would be better off hosting the images somewhere other than the board. If I were in your shoes I would sign up for imgur. High resolution, you can make a single-page collection of the images you need, and it's free.

·
Administrator
8,162 Posts
Could use the page numbers at the top of each pic?
I'll give it a go, gimme a second.

EDIT: can't do it, too many images crammed into one post;

I'd suggest limiting your number of images to 5 images per post, that will make it much easier to manage;

Also if you just copy the BB Code/link of your image like this:

You can control the order that you post your images in, by pasting the links directly in the body of your post, which would be the proper way to do it, when you're posting this many pics.

·
Registered
2006 4.7L
75 Posts
Okay, let me see if I can unscrew my CF.
So I edited the posts, with smaller image files, 720x480
All other settings on my Canon are way higher.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How did it go?
It went mostly good. I seen on another site that it's easier to just replace the abs so I went that route. It was a bit of a pain to get off without dolisconnecting the breaklines but with the use of my wives tiny hands I got to torx bolts out and the rest was pretty easy. I think I still have ro take it to a shop to get the abs initialized with a scan tool bc when I restarted it everything works well and most of the lights went out but the tpms still flashes and the the esp bas light is on but the rest are out.

·
Registered
2006 4.7L
75 Posts
It went mostly good. I seen on another site that it's easier to just replace the abs so I went that route. It was a bit of a pain to get off without dolisconnecting the breaklines but with the use of my wives tiny hands I got to torx bolts out and the rest was pretty easy. I think I still have ro take it to a shop to get the abs initialized with a scan tool bc when I restarted it everything works well and most of the lights went out but the tpms still flashes and the the esp bas light is on but the rest are out.
Any codes showing?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts