Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys my rear break light seems dim and also it looks like it has some moisture in there how would I go to replace the light bulbs and at the same time try and wipe some of that moisture off. I did do a search so if it is something that has been discussed before just point me to the right thread and I will be on my way. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. :roller:

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm going by memory, but should be pretty accurate...........

1)Open the tail gate.
2)You'll see 2 screws on the on the side holding the taillight in place (they may be covered with round plastic tabs ..... in fact, I think they're not screws at all, but plastic rivits.
3)Remove them.
4)the taillight casing can now be rotated outward and separated from the body.
5)twist out the burnt out bulb.
6)Insert new bulb
7)Test
8)Replace housing in original position
9)Re-insert plastic rivets.
10)Drive away.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
Hello guys my rear break light seems dim and also it looks like it has some moisture in there how would I go to replace the light bulbs and at the same time try and wipe some of that moisture off. I did do a search so if it is something that has been discussed before just point me to the right thread and I will be on my way. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. :roller:
See this thread---> http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2432&page=5

1 - 4 of 4 Posts