Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is trivial, but I am a new Commander owner (3 whole days now) and I can't figure out how to set the clock on my '06 Limited with Nav head unit installed. I know I could have easily called the dealership and got my answer but I am a new member on this site and thought I would throw this out and get my feet wet on this forum. So far I have really enjoyed reading these threads, thanks for all the great info! Paul :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Re: Nav Unit Clock programming

Paul welcome to the group.

As far as setting the clock with the Nav unit, look at your navigation manual to set the clock. I had to reset our clock after the time change this weekend (the clock was on the wrong time zone so hopefully it's just a 1 time change). After staring at the owners manual I finally figured out that you have look at the navigation system to make the change.

If I recall you just hit the Navigation button and scroll down to system settings. From there you will select clock settings or something like that.

Enjoy the new ride.
Jeff

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks Jeff, I looked at the owners manual and they only gave the directions for the units without NAV. Your suggestion sounds logical to me, I will give it a try.

Thanks! Paul

·
Registered
1,499 Posts

Once you get to the system settings as Jeff suggests you need to set the clock then scroll down and hit the done button. I may be slow, but it took me a while to figure that out

·
Registered
204 Posts

OKCommander said:
I had to reset our clock after the time change this weekend (the clock was on the wrong time zone so hopefully it's just a 1 time change). After staring at the owners manual I finally figured out that you have look at the navigation system to make the change.

If I recall you just hit the Navigation button and scroll down to system settings. From there you will select clock settings or something like that.

Enjoy the new ride.
Jeff
You recall correct, that is how you change it. The time zone is a one time set, unless you move or the radio loses power for whatever reason, battery change for example. Daylight savings time is also changed in the same screen, I believe it is the next selection below the time zone and I dont think it changes automatically.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks guys, it took all of about 20 seconds to do. I appreciate the help. Paul

·
Registered
36 Posts

Yes, the REC radio clock is controlled by menu selection.

I suggest choosing "USE GPS TIME". This keeps the minutes accurate via the GPS signals.

Once you set the time, using the check-box for DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME allows you to move forward and backward each Spring and Fall easily.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts

Erik Latranyi said:
Once you set the time, using the check-box for DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME allows you to move forward and backward each Spring and Fall easily.
Crazy Talk! All you silly people who celebrate DST. ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts

rubicontrail.net said:
Crazy Talk! All you silly people who celebrate DST. ;)

Man, you are right. It is silly. But it is even crazier when in your state but happen to be spending the night on the Navajo nation when the time changes. The Navajo res was on Daylight Savings but AZ was not. I finally got it straight. You live in a beautiful state by the way and my Commander was flawless on a four thousand plus mile trip.

My Owner's Manual does state to see the Nav Manual for clock setting. It does seem that with GPS the clock should automatically change back and forth for Daylight Savings as my computer and VCR do.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have an '06 Limited with the 6-disk changer, NAV and rear entertainment system.

How do I set the clock on the radio? The owner's manual says to start by pushing the 'time' button but my radio doesn't have a 'time' button.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
My clock set itself the last time I un-did the battery.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm not sure how to set the clock mine came already set.. but ive got another question.. my sat-nav is in 12hour format but my clock on my 6disc cd changer is set in 24hr format.. does anyone know how or if u can change it to 12hr format aswel?

Thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
1. Press the "NAV" button (If already in map mode then press NAV to bring up the main menu).
2. Scroll down to "System Settings" and press "Enter".
3. Scroll down to "Clock Settings" and press "Enter".

Adjust as necessary... :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
olllllllo said:
1. Press the "NAV" button (If already in map mode then press NAV to bring up the main menu).

Exactly as stated!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
olllllllo said:

Ya i know how to change that Nav clock.. but is there a way to change the actual 6disc cd players clock from 24hr to 12hr?

·
Registered
184 Posts
jayt04 said:
I'm not sure how to set the clock mine came already set.. but ive got another question.. my sat-nav is in 12hour format but my clock on my 6disc cd changer is set in 24hr format.. does anyone know how or if u can change it to 12hr format aswel?

Thanks
jayt04 said:
Ya i know how to change that Nav clock.. but is there a way to change the actual 6disc cd players clock from 24hr to 12hr?
You have got me confused (you went from "not sure" to "ya, I know" pretty fast). Do you have the "REC" model DVD navigation stereo with 6 CD/MP3 Player? If so the 6 disc changer does not use a separate time setting. If your time is shown in 24 hour format on the CD player (bottom right hand corner) then it would also be shown in the same way everywhere else. Now on the subject of 24 hour time, no where in the manuals that came with the "REC" nav unit do they mention being able to switch to the 24 hour time format. Additionally, I have been all through my unit menus and have never seen that option. If yours is as such, and it is the "REC" unit, somthing is goofy. Are you pulling your time from the GPS source or do you have that unchecked (not that it should make a difference in time format display)?

Other options would be to unhook your battery and reset the unit. If that does not do it then I would take it to the dealer. Maybe they can access some sort of "service mode" that we don't know about and change it. Sorry I don't have an answer for ya. :confused:

·
Registered
36 Posts
olllllllo said:
You have got me confused (you went from "not sure" to "ya, I know" pretty fast). Do you have the "REC" model DVD navigation stereo with 6 CD/MP3 Player? If so the 6 disc changer does not use a separate time setting. If your time is shown in 24 hour format on the CD player (bottom right hand corner) then it would also be shown in the same way everywhere else. Now on the subject of 24 hour time, no where in the manuals that came with the "REC" nav unit do they mention being able to switch to the 24 hour time format. Additionally, I have been all through my unit menus and have never seen that option. If yours is as such, and it is the "REC" unit, somthing is goofy. Are you pulling your time from the GPS source or do you have that unchecked (not that it should make a difference in time format display)?

Other options would be to unhook your battery and reset the unit. If that does not do it then I would take it to the dealer. Maybe they can access some sort of "service mode" that we don't know about and change it. Sorry I don't have an answer for ya. :confused:

Obviously our systems are different over here in Australia. Our Nav isn't connected to our radio its pretty much a totally different unit. I know how to set the time on the radio but wasn't sure if you could change it from 24hr to 12hr format.

Now i know how to change the time and format on the nav system but like i said our nav system is seperate to our radios over here in Aus.

·
Registered
184 Posts
jayt04 said:
Obviously our systems are different over here in Australia. Our Nav isn't connected to our radio its pretty much a totally different unit. I know how to set the time on the radio but wasn't sure if you could change it from 24hr to 12hr format.

Now i know how to change the time and format on the nav system but like i said our nav system is seperate to our radios over here in Aus.
Now it makes sense, Sorry I assumed we were talking about the North American version. I bet you have some great trails down there...

1 - 20 of 89 Posts