Jeep Commander Forum banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
1. Press the "NAV" button (If already in map mode then press NAV to bring up the main menu).
2. Scroll down to "System Settings" and press "Enter".
3. Scroll down to "Clock Settings" and press "Enter".

Adjust as necessary... :)
I did this and the time does not not change. I went to system settings and then chose clock settings. There are two clock settings:GPS and system user. I adjusted the user clock to the correct time and hit enter. Nothing happens and the clock time is still the same. Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
2006 Limited 5.7 HEMI Quadra-Drive II
15,817 Posts
I have adjusted the GPS and user clock, hit enter both times and the time is still wrong.
How wrong is it ? Is it exactly an hour ? If it is you might try changing the Daylight Savings Time setting.

·
Registered
117 Posts
How wrong is it ? Is it exactly an hour ? If it is you might try changing the Daylight Savings Time setting.
It is wrong because it still is exactly an hour off set to GPS clock. I have the daylight savings box checked. When I choose the GPS setting, the time remains an hour ahead. When I set the user clock settings to the correct time, after hitting ok, it is about an hour and a half off. I have never had something so simple as setting a clock, be such a PITA. One thing I noticed, the Discovery weather station I have in my living room is set to the Atomic clock and it has yet to adjust to daylight savings time. The same thing for the caller id on my landline is still an hour off as well and has not adjusted either.

·
Administrator
15,817 Posts
It is wrong because it still is exactly an hour off set to GPS clock. I have the daylight savings box checked. When I choose the GPS setting, the time remains an hour ahead. When I set the user clock settings to the correct time, after hitting ok, it is about an hour and a half off. I have never had something so simple as setting a clock, be such a PITA. One thing I noticed, the Discovery weather station I have in my living room is set to the Atomic clock and it has yet to adjust to daylight savings time. The same thing for the caller id on my landline is still an hour off as well and has not adjusted either.
I set mine yesterday to correct for the time change. All I had to do is turn the DST off and the clock automatically went back an hour. I am using the GPS clock.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
All I had to do is turn the DST off and the clock automatically went back an hour. I am using the GPS clock.
Yep! Took me a bit to figure it out. If you leave it set to dst it will just go back to the wrong time.

·
Banned
90 Posts
I have a portable garmin GPS and around the fall, i need to remove the daylight savings time in the fall and put it back on in the spring in order to display the correct time. In the jeep, 2006, REC with Nav, i unchecked daylight savings it it displays the correct time. Let's see what happens in the next few weeks, or until April.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I tried the suggestion of turning off DST and setting to GPS.

DST turned off and set to GPS. Result is still an hour off. The time should be 6:13.

User clock selected and set to proper time. The time should read 6:27.

Select ok and the time goes to 1:00. The time should be 6:27.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I set mine yesterday to correct for the time change. All I had to do is turn the DST off and the clock automatically went back an hour. I am using the GPS clock.
Same here.....

:eek:rangehat:

·
Administrator
15,817 Posts
I tried the suggestion of turning off DST and setting to GPS.

DST turned off and set to GPS. Result is still an hour off. The time should be 6:13.
It won't change until you click on "DONE".

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Don't you love it.. At least its better then some of the other forums I've been in.. "Squelch"
There is no swearing or acronims on this forum, please follow the rule as posted.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I love the fact that in Arizona we do not observe Daylight Savings Time and I never have to re-set my clocks.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Lol. Ill check again tomorrow how I did it. Reminds me of my fathers VCR clock growing up! I think its still flashing lol. Yes he still has it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The clock was set to GPS with DST turned off for the past couple of days and earlier yesterday it FINALLY changed to the correct time. It was definately on a time delay that is for sure.

·
Banned
90 Posts
Glad to here if finally worked out for you, it must have been very frustrating. Even for something as simple as having the correct time would bother me also. I wonder if it was the GPS system in your area or the electronics in your car, we'll never know. I work for an electric utility in New York and we upgrade a lot of our equipment to computer / solid state controls, and strange things come with technology. Sometimes they pop up weeks or months after installation. Good luck to all of us in April when we have to check the DST box again.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Glad to here if finally worked out for you, it must have been very frustrating. Even for something as simple as having the correct time would bother me also. I wonder if it was the GPS system in your area or the electronics in your car, we'll never know. I work for an electric utility in New York and we upgrade a lot of our equipment to computer / solid state controls, and strange things come with technology. Sometimes they pop up weeks or months after installation. Good luck to all of us in April when we have to check the DST box again.
It was indeed frustrating. I don't know what was going on for a couple days after the dst change. The landline caller id did not change to the correct time and the Discovery weather station that is set to Atomic time, did not change to the correct time until a couple of days after the dst change. :dunno:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Setting the clock question

I am trying to figure out how to set the clock on our 06 Commander with navigation. Our Nav disc isn't in yet, so it isn't automatically set.

·
Administrator
15,817 Posts
Put "clock" in the search feature and you get:

(Links removed, threads merged)

41 - 60 of 91 Posts