Jeep Commander Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Maybe I am missing the post that explains how to do it when the navigation disc is not in and you can not access the navigation menu.

·
Registered
248 Posts
You CAN'T do it without the nav disc. It's really retarded and I had to wait 2 weeks to change my clock when I was waiting for my nav disc to get in. Just don't look at the clock and you'll be alright.

·
Administrator
2006 Limited 5.7 HEMI Quadra-Drive II
15,817 Posts
You CAN'T do it without the nav disc. It's really retarded and I had to wait 2 weeks to change my clock when I was waiting for my nav disc to get in. Just don't look at the clock and you'll be alright.
Yes you can set the clock without the disc. There are two clocks. One is the GPS clock and the other is the User Clock. You can set the User Clock even if you don't have the disc. The instructions are in the Navigation Manual.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looking at the Navigation Manual (Thanks again Lekmedm!) Where the Clock button should be is where I have a Mute button. I'll try hitting that button this evening.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yes you can set the clock without the disc. There are two clocks. One is the GPS clock and the other is the User Clock. You can set the User Clock even if you don't have the disc. The instructions are in the Navigation Manual.
I only saw 1 clock mentioned in my nav manual. I'll run outside real quick and check it out to make sure.

Looking at the Navigation Manual (Thanks again Lekmedm!) Where the Clock button should be is where I have a Mute button. I'll try hitting that button this evening.
I have the Mute button too. No clock button.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Okay yes I do remember the GPS or User Clock options, but the manual still says in order to set either of them you must go to the Nav Menu and then go to Clock Setup. But the only way to get there is to have the nav disc in the system. So you're still stuck Eric, sorry. :-(

·
Administrator
15,817 Posts
From the Navigation Manual:

Setting the Clock
GPS Clock
The GPS receiver used in this system is synchronized to the time data being transmitted by the GPS satellites. The satellites' clock is Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). This is the world-wide standard for time. This makes the system's clock very accurate once the appropriate time zone and daylight savings information is set.

1. At the System Settings screen, highlight "Clock Setting" and press ENTER. The Clock Setting screen appears.

2. To show the GPS clock, select "Show GPS Clock" and press ENTER.

3. To adjust the time zone, Select "Time Zone" and press ENTER. Select the appropriate time zone and press ENTER.

4. To turn daylight savings on or off, select "Daylight Savings" and press ENTER. Select "On" or "Off" and press ENTER.

User Clock
If you wish to set the clock to a time different than the system clock, you can manually adjust the time by choosing the "Set User Clock" option.

1. Highlight "Set User Clock".

2. To increase the clock by hours, make sure "HR +" is highlighted and press ENTER. Press ENTER again to increase the clock by another hour. You will see on the "Show User Clock" display the number of hours you have increased the clock by.

3. To decrease the clock by one hour, use the Select Encoder to highlight the "-" sign. Press ENTER. Press ENTER again to decrease the clock by another hour.

4. To increase the clock by minutes, make sure "MIN +" is highlighted and press ENTER. Press ENTER again to increase the clock by another minute.

5. To decrease the clock by minutes, use the Select Encoder to highlight the "-" sign. Press ENTER. Press ENTER again to decrease the clock by another minute.

6. Select "Done" to exit from the clock setting mode.

·
Administrator
15,817 Posts
Do you have the REC NAV unit ? It looks like this:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yes, Erick has the REC nav unit. However it's impossible to access the menu to adjust either GPS or clock setting without a nav disc in the system. Since his Commander arrived without the nav disc he is stuck without a settable clock until he gets one.

BTW, Erick, I'd contact the selling dealer and see if they will send you a nav disc for free or at the very least discounted.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do you have the REC NAV unit ? It looks like this:

That's the one!

Yes, Erick has the REC nav unit. However it's impossible to access the menu to adjust either GPS or clock setting without a nav disc in the system. Since his Commander arrived without the nav disc he is stuck without a settable clock until he gets one.

BTW, Erick, I'd contact the selling dealer and see if they will send you a nav disc for free or at the very least discounted.
The guy at the dealership here is trying to hunt one down using his contacts. I should be able to get it for nothing...I hope. The folks there at Sheboygan, didn't have one, so we were pretty much on our own. If they were a Jeep dealership, I would pretty much require one.

·
Administrator
15,817 Posts
I don't know what manual you are looking at but the REC NAV does not use a "clock" button to set the clock. If your unit looks like the pic in my previous post then you have the REC NAV unit and that "Mute" button has nothing to do with setting the clock. You have to go into the menu to set the clock. See the instructions in my previous post.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Threads merged.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The guy at the dealership here is trying to hunt one down using his contacts. I should be able to get it for nothing...I hope. The folks there at Sheboygan, didn't have one, so we were pretty much on our own. If they were a Jeep dealership, I would pretty much require one.
Sheboygan Auto Group is a Jeep dealership. On the east side is the Buick, Chevrolet, GMC and Cadillac dealership. The west side houses the Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep dealership. They are one and the same and under the same ownership. Your Commander was sitting on the Chrysler side (as seen by me) while the sale might of been handled on the Chevy side in your case. They should be able to get you a disc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sheboygan Auto Group is a Jeep dealership. On the east side is the Buick, Chevrolet, GMC and Cadillac dealership. The west side houses the Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep dealership. They are one and the same and under the same ownership. Your Commander was sitting on the Chrysler side (as seen by me) while the sale might of been handled on the Chevy side in your case. They should be able to get you a disc.
Thanks for that info. I emailed Chad over there and hopefully they'll send me a disc. It only makes sense that if they have Jeep dealership, that they would include a nav disc on a used Jeep.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks for that info. I emailed Chad over there and hopefully they'll send me a disc. It only makes sense that if they have Jeep dealership, that they would include a nav disc on a used Jeep.
It's good to be armed with some information. Tell Chad to walk the 100 yards to the other building's parts department and order a nav disc for you.

If he's unable to do that for you let me know. I'll go over there with some friends armed with baseball bats and Molotov cocktails. :rofl:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks like you might need too! He told me that it would run $200-$300. Yea, that ain't gonna fly. Looks like I need to call Chad's boss.

·
Registered
248 Posts
The newest REC nav disc release on their website says like $180. My Carmax paid $180 to buy mine.

·
Registered
2007 .5.7 Limited
43 Posts
Clock Reset revisited

hello. my wife and i just bought a 2007 LIMITED with the 6 disc/ nav radio system in it. i have the owners manual, and want to reset the clock. according to the manual, i have to hit the NAV button, and it will bring up the clock menus, both GPS and user time. When i hit the NAV button, i get a " INSERT DVD-ROM" all the time, no matter which combo of buttons i push. :icon_confused:The clock is correct as far as MTN STD TIME, but i would like to put it at DST. Any assistance that can be given will be appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
hello. my wife and i just bought a 2007 LIMITED with the 6 disc/ nav radio system in it. i have the owners manual, and want to reset the clock. according to the manual, i have to hit the NAV button, and it will bring up the clock menus, both GPS and user time. When i hit the NAV button, i get a " INSERT DVD-ROM" all the time, no matter which combo of buttons i push. :icon_confused:The clock is correct as far as MTN STD TIME, but i would like to put it at DST. Any assistance that can be given will be appreciated.

Thank you.
I moved your question over here, see if post #5 helps!

61 - 80 of 91 Posts