Jeep Commander Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2007 .5.7 Limited
43 Posts
I moved your question over here, see if post #5 helps!
Post # 5 does not work. On the LCD screen, i have a prompt to "INSERT DVD-ROM". my settings menu does not appear. Will disconnecting the battery reset the LCD screen to remove the "INSERT DVD-ROM" prompt ?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Have you confirmed that there is a DVD in the lower slot?

·
Administrator
2006 Limited 5.7 HEMI Quadra-Drive II
15,817 Posts
hello. my wife and i just bought a 2007 LIMITED with the 6 disc/ nav radio system in it. i have the owners manual, and want to reset the clock. according to the manual, i have to hit the NAV button, and it will bring up the clock menus, both GPS and user time. When i hit the NAV button, i get a " INSERT DVD-ROM" all the time, no matter which combo of buttons i push. :icon_confused:The clock is correct as far as MTN STD TIME, but i would like to put it at DST. Any assistance that can be given will be appreciated.

Thank you.
Apparently you do not have a navigation DVD in the unit. You cannot do anything related to navigation or set the clock without a disc.

·
Administrator
15,817 Posts
our vehicle did not come with the NAV/ DVD books. may i inquire as to how do verify that?
There is a little plastic cover below the screen. On the left hand side of the cover is a tab. You need to insert a small obect to push the tab and then remove the cover. Be careful not to break the cover when removing. Then on the right hand side of the opening there is a button. Using a pen or similar object press the button to eject the disc if there is one in the unit.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Then on the right hand side of the opening there is a button. Using a pen or similar object press the button to eject the disc if there is one in the unit.
Let us know if you do not have a disk, I am sure one of us can come up with one. I think there is even one for sale in the buy/sell section.

·
Registered
2007 .5.7 Limited
43 Posts
thank you. went out to Jeep and did what Jeep5253 suggested. heard the whirring and stuff, and no DVD popped out. so i take it, then i am stuck with the clock until i can get a DVD.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Yes, the NAV functions will not work without a DVD.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Same thing happened to me just today that did the guy earier in the thread that joked about not taking advice from anyone here anymore, lol. Today, I disconnected my neg. cable to reset the computer. When I got back in the truck I saw I needed to set the clock. Well, I have the single-disc CD player...base model. I pressed the clock button, held it in like usual when setting the time, but this time the time (hours or minutes) never began to flash so I could adjust the time. Just----nothing----as I held the button in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is it necessary to have the CD-ROM in order to set the clock? The disk was not included when I bought the keep. I don’t plan on needing to use the navigation system and hate to pay for the disc just to set the clock. That being said, is there a good place to get the disc to make sure I get the correct one?

·
Administrator
15,817 Posts
Is it necessary to have the CD-ROM in order to set the clock? The disk was not included when I bought the keep. I don’t plan on needing to use the navigation system and hate to pay for the disc just to set the clock. That being said, is there a good place to get the disc to make sure I get the correct one?
@1MORCYN Which head unit do you have? Also, please make an introductory post in thew New Member Section. Thanks.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts