Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to lock or unlock the commander without sounding off the horn? I went through the information center, and saw an option for horn when locking. I turned it off, but the horn still goes off. And I didn't see an option for unlocking. If it matters, it is a 2007 limited

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
Is there a way to lock or unlock the commander without sounding off the horn? I went through the information center, and saw an option for horn when locking. I turned it off, but the horn still goes off. And I didn't see an option for unlocking. If it matters, it is a 2007 limited
That should have done it. Try again.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will try again and see if it works. What about disabling the horn when unlocking? The information center only gave an option for locking. Or will that control both?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The horn was still sounding on lock and unlock, so I went back to the information center and turned the horn on, left the information center, then went back in again and turned it off again. It's still sounding though. I see another option that I'm not sure about. Something about remote memory?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i give up. i have changed the setting in the information center several times. even turned the horn on for lock and left it that way for a while, then changed it back to off and it still doesn't work. the manual states that you can use the keyless entry to change this setting as well. i tried that method and it still doesn't work. i guess i am stuck listening to the horn every time i lock/unlock the commander. :mecry:

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Try resetting the computer. Disconnect the battery overnight and see if that helps.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Do you have remote start? Some of those have horn options.

·
Registered
338 Posts
When making the change in the info center, do you press the right pointing arrow (->) on the lower right hand side of the wheel to save?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts