Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the 2006 REC NAV unit has the AUX input with the 2 RCA jacks and it only turns on when it senses incoming sound at a certain volume. Well it's ANNOYING! Any pause between songs turns it off or any songs that start off quiet turn it off! Anyone know how we can keep the AUX always on so I stop getting gaps in my music??

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
So the 2006 REC NAV unit has the AUX input with the 2 RCA jacks and it only turns on when it senses incoming sound at a certain volume. Well it's ANNOYING! Any pause between songs turns it off or any songs that start off quiet turn it off! Anyone know how we can keep the AUX always on so I stop getting gaps in my music??
I assume you're using an iPod, or similar gadget, to pump the tunes into the VES. Try turning the volume all the way up on your device. That'll solve most, but not all of the annoying on-off; at least it did for me and I have an '06 as well. Perhaps there's a software update out there, but I haven't heard of one. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
If you're using the PAC or similar AUX adapter with the dual RCA inputs, that's a common problem. Since the adapter isn't powered and the inputs only send a signal above a certain level, the radio will shut off the AUX input for another active source. I had this happen with my 6-disc radio. The only AUX inputs that continue to send a signal are the Lockpik units since they're powered at all times. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts