Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, dumb question. Just bought my 2006 Commander and I have no clue what sound system it has in it, how can I find out. It sounds pretty good with the bass even up to 4 and volume at 20 so I'm thinking it can't be just the stock...

How can I figure out what I have? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
14,916 Posts
Can you post a good close-up pic of it ?

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
What model Commander do you have? :icon_confused: What other equipment do you have? :icon_confused: Based on the options, it can be easy to tell. The upgraded system is call BA (Boston Accustics) which only added a 276w amp, and upgraded paper speakers. :mofo: I do not know if it was standard with the Nav radio, but it was an option with the other 2 available radios - single disc and 6 disc. So, you really can't tell just by looking at the radio. It was a stand alone option, but was included in some of the packages. So, based on what you tell us as to how your Jeep is equipped, we can give you an answer. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
123 Posts
you can ask a dealer near you for the build sheet. a member suggested that to me for the same question and thats what i did ! that way youll see everything thats in your truck!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Build sheet: good idea. I'll ask for that when I go make my down payment.

As far as options, I have power everything, cruise, single CD player, no sunroof, don't have the tow package, I guess I really don't have that much. But coming from a base vehicle with NOTHING (not even tilt wheel) it seems like I have a lot!

It's got the quadri drive thing, ESP, (don't know of those are stock or not).

Don't have the NAV radio or anyhing, no radio controls on the wheel.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
the radio controls are on the back side of the wheel. You might have them. I knew someone who never knew they had controls until i showed them.

·
Super Moderator
14,916 Posts
you can ask a dealer near you for the build sheet. a member suggested that to me for the same question and thats what i did ! that way youll see everything thats in your truck!
But buying it used a previous owner could have changed the head unit.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah they might have but it's unlikely. I'm going to go out and look behind the wheel and then I'm going to see if they gave me a build sheet by any chance...

Where would the amp be if I had one? Under the middle seats? In the back drivers side panel?

·
Super Moderator
14,916 Posts
Look under the knob on the right hand side of the unit. There should be three letters that are the model designation.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No model designation below right knob. No controls behind steering wheel. It's got to be the base model.

That's alright, I'll just do the double-din upgrade and throw in an amp or two with some solid Infinity or Bose and make some good sound. I saw a pic that a guy had that it looked like he put some stuff underneath the 2nd row seats. Do you think I can pull mine up and put an amp under there?

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Fold and tumble each seat. There is a ribbed step on each side. Lift the lid (step) off and see if anything is in there. There might be room for a small amp. Also, if you ever use your third row, anyone getting into them would have to step on anything you mount under the second row seat. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did that and found a couple of CD's from the previous owner lol! Anyways yeah there's not much room. Driver's side is a Bosch controller of some sort, I'm guessing its the backup assist or something. Anyways thanks for all the help everyone!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts