Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last month I had the 30,000 mile work done on my 06 commander with Hemi...Included were the fluid changes on the front and rear differrential and the transfer case....Now a month later, every time I start up I get the "service 4 wheel drive system" message...Do you know how I can turn this off? I assume this is a milage based service reminder and not a warning that something else is wrong....thanks RKL

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how to turn of "service 4 wheel system"

Thanks guys...Read the service bulletin and then remembered this happened once before in 2007....They scanned the system and reprogrammed it....RKL

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Mine does it everytime I plug my trailer in. It flashes for s second then goes out until I have to restart. It started right after the last time it was reprogrammed.

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Mine was acting up pretty bad for awhile. I kept trying to reset the computer. I finally started looking at the wheel sensors and wiring. One of my wheel sensor had come lose on the connections up in the wheel well. The connections had been pulled apart on some off-road trip. I reconnected it. Zip tied them together and the light went away the next day

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how to turn off 4 wheel drive warning..update

After a week of driving the warning message turned off and no more messages for 3 days...Went to dealer who scanned the system and found a code for malfunctioning sensor on front differential...It will be replaced on Fri. under warranty....message is now back on....RKL

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine was acting up pretty bad for awhile. I kept trying to reset the computer. I finally started looking at the wheel sensors and wiring. One of my wheel sensor had come lose on the connections up in the wheel well. The connections had been pulled apart on some off-road trip. I reconnected it. Zip tied them together and the light went away the next day
How do you reset the computer? I'm searching for it, and I can't find it.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
All three of our Commanders have done this....a dealer reflash sorted the issue each time.

·
Registered
696 Posts
mine was on for quite some time then I went off road and had it in 4 lo all day. turned it on and off a couple of times during my trip and it went away. I think the message pops up every time i need to utilize 4wd system... not service it. HAHA. being out of warranty i am not having it reflashed until i need the dealer to plug it in for something important.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts