Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a few searches on this forum but couldn't find (or didn't use the right key words) information for taping into the OEM spare fuse and relay spaces in the interior fuse block and the under hood power distribution block. Seems that there is a wealth of different busses one could tap (B+, ignition on, lights on, Acc delay, ect)
I am looking to find a source for the push in female "pins" that will fit the power blocks. I'd love to have a clean wiring setup for adding accessories like winch enable, off road lights, CB, trailer brake controller...
Thank you

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
That could be a CAN of worms as a lot of connections in the Commander connect to the CAN Buss system. Tapping off the fuse block the side of the fuse opposite the B+ (12V) side will have connections to the computer system CAN buss in many cases. You would need to isolate the Buss side from whatever you connect. I could be wrong, was a couple days ago. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't looked real close at the interior fuse box, but I do know that the power dist box under the hood (closest to the firewall) has at least one power rail that comes straight off the battery. That section is what I was fiddling with trying to get a female spade to clip into the box for my trailer brake controller. Ended up just putting a ring under one of the power-in bolts and an inline 20A ATM. I plan on running a few more accessories an don't want a rats nest under the hood.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
You might get a fuse block with as many fuses you might need. One connection to the battery and mount the fuse block where it looks pretty:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts