Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a 2008 Overland Edition Jeep Commander I want to level it out and as it isn't a 4x4 (unfortunately) I want some wheels and tires that make it look Aggressive but not overly offroady (lol) also what should I do for the leveling it (should I lower or lift and if I do how low or high is good) out and does anyone know if it has the quadratrac? I was unable to get the VIN when I went to look at it so I wasn't able to look up the vehicle specific features other than what I could see.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Rough Country 2” lifts will level it out and will not be over aggressive with the lift.

·
Administrator
6,939 Posts
I am looking at getting a 2008 Overland Edition Jeep Commander I want to level it out and as it isn't a 4x4 (unfortunately) I want some wheels and tires that make it look Aggressive but not overly offroady (lol) also what should I do for the leveling it (should I lower or lift and if I do how low or high is good) out and does anyone know if it has the quadratrac? I was unable to get the VIN when I went to look at it so I wasn't able to look up the vehicle specific features other than what I could see.
@CobraCommander81;

Welcome to the forum;

My recommendation to you; Call the person that is selling that XK and get the VIN Number BEFORE you even consider buying it;

Not only so you can pull the factory build sheet, but, so you can go to the link below and check if all of safety recalls & campaigns have been completed;

I absolutely would not buy a Commander, without having all of this information in hand first; It's all free and takes all of 15 minutes of your time to obtain;

You can check to see if all of the factory recalls & campaigns have been completed for the Commander you're looking at (or for the Commander you have already bought) by clicking on the hyperlink below & plugging in the VIN;

Official Mopar Site | Service, Parts, Accessories & More

To get the factory build sheet for the Commander you are looking at, or for the Commander you've already bought, enter your VIN here:

FCA RAM

The factory build sheet will list all of the factory options & optional preferred equipment packages that your vehicle had installed from the factory when it was built.

The difference between a safety recall and a campaign is this; a safety recall pertains to a vehicle problem that is a safety concern; a campaign is a vehicle problem that is not a safety concern, but, pertains to customer satisfaction.

I hope this helps you, best of luck and let us know if you pull the trigger or not.

Reactions: Beeks
1 - 4 of 4 Posts