Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Definately a big piece. If you like it maybe you could put one of the lift kits on your Commander if you haven't already lifted it .

·
Registered
94 Posts

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Wow! Its so low. You would end up pushing snow with it.

That looks like its 5 inches off the ground!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thats got to be photo shopped in there, you couldn't get in my driveway without rubbing it on the concrete.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Thats got to be photo shopped in there, you couldn't get in my driveway without rubbing it on the concrete.
That is my thought too, photoshop is cool but when done wrong it make one laugh.

·
Super Moderator
15,108 Posts
This is how it SHOULD look:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Just installed mine today. Got the black one though, and the cheaper version. Only complaint is that it does not mount 100% properly with the license plate holder in place (screw you, Ohio laws!). One of the screw holes also needed to be enlarged on the frame in order to make all the brackets line up for a bolt to go through. I'm not using this hole right now for this reason, and the license plate holder as stated earlier. It seems sturdy the way it is, but would prefer for it to be on there 100%. Oh well, here are some pictures:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'd imagine just over/under 80lbs. I think mine is just over/under 170. (full grille guard)
I love it because it creates an almost-perfect 50/50 weight distribution after replacing the heavy third row with subwoofers. (4.7L 2WD base starts at 46/54% F/R.)
The understeer feels greatly mitigated. The balance is great in turns.

The reason it looks incorrect on some is because they are mounting it on the bottom of the vehicle instead of in the box-shaped open area in the middle of the front lip.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts