Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't put this is the meet and greats section because it is closed to members of my local club, but I thought I would share.

On June 13th we are hosting a Jeep Club trail run at the Hummer Test track (AM Generals H1 and H2 civilian and military vehicles are built here) to raise money for autism.

For $40 we get 2 Trail Runs, each lasting 2-3 hours
They have a 5 acre infield play area (rocks, wall climbs, moguls, slopes) and four levels of difficulty for the trails. These are requirements for the Hummer Trails:
1. Stock or lightly modified vehicles, gentle grades, fairly wide, and shallow water if any.
2. Lightly modified vehicles, min 31" tire, rough terrain, mud and water.
3. Modified, min 33" tire, front & rear recovery points, deep mud, slopes, up to 22" water.
4. Highly modified, min 35" tire, rear locker, very deep mud, up to 30" water

From my understanding, level 2 is pretty serious for stock H1s but they think I will be fine on it. Some pics of their trail can be found here: http://www.thehummerclubinc.com/Media/Images.aspx?I=262

So far there are about 40 people signed up, with a max of 60!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Take pics! That looks cool! Have fun out there!

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Pics and vids! Looks like fun!

·
Registered
282 Posts
i look for the mil spec h1's on occasion, but theyre still expensive. they were slow, but could climb anything

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Looks like it is going to be awesome!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
That looks like it would be a blast! Take some pictures.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
The mil spec Hummers are not designed to be speed demons. They are designed to be a multi terrain vehicle, which can handle a multitude of platform options.

Also last I remember you can not buy a Military HMMWV due to DOT standards... apparently they are not safe. Nothing but the best for the troops!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I'd love to bring the XK there. Especially for a good cause. To bad is so far away!

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
And the award for stupidity goes too...

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Wow that guy was intelligent. What do you think is going to happen when you lift the rear end of your vehicle up when its on an RTI Ramp. :stickpoke: It even looks like he had a passenger in the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
It even looks like he had a passenger in the vehicle.
Looked like a little girl but you notice he didn't go check on her.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I have a feeling the last thing in that guy's mind before he did that was "It looks like you could just push on it and it would tip right over!" ..........................He was right.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Got some more information at our meeting yesterday.... CANT WAIT! Over 60 Jeeps from our club and 20 Hummers from the Illiana Hummer Club. AM General is letting us do this event for free and helping us raise money for Autism. This is the first time they have every done something like this too (I know what you're thinking, and AM General is not owned or affiliated with GM/Hummer, they sold the civilian Hummer license a long time ago, but that's a topic for another time, so please reserve that conversation for another thread)

We are allowed to take any pictures and videos we want, so you can count on me adding a bunch!

Trail runs start at 10 and 2 (4 trails difficulties on 320 acres), but we can play around in their 5 acre infield before the first run and during lunch.

The AM General Test track is built for Military training for HUMVEES and continues to train them, but they also use to bring GM dealers out to train them on the offroad capabilities. Additionally, they offer "Hummer driving academies" for owners. They get a 3 day driving course in company Hummers and fly them out to the local sand dunes on Lake Michigan. Its all inclusive with meals, transportation, and hotel for a few thousand dollars. Sounds crazy at first, but when they told us everything they get, it is pretty cool to beat up on someone else s $150k car if you have the money.

The infield has so many obstacles (Step ups, multiple degree inclines, Locker testing tracks and hills, Rock runs, water depth testers etc) and exact replications of Moab offroad runs like the Golden Crack and Rusty Nail

Here are a couple pictures from the infield obstacles:

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
You are one lucky dog!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts