Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently traded in my Navigator of a 2007 Commander. Love it so far; however, I miss my Automatic Temperature Controls...set at 72 and forget about it. I currently have the manual HVAC controls (e.g. 3 knobs: temp, fan speed, and vent selection). I see I can purchase, fairly cheaply, the Automatic Temperature Controls dash unit as well as the temperature control sensor. My questions is, is the HVAC units all use the same wiring harness? So can I simply switch this out or is there more to it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
15,108 Posts
Jammer151 said:
I recently traded in my Navigator of a 2007 Commander. Love it so far; however, I miss my Automatic Temperature Controls...set at 72 and forget about it. I currently have the manual HVAC controls (e.g. 3 knobs: temp, fan speed, and vent selection). I see I can purchase, fairly cheaply, the Automatic Temperature Controls dash unit as well as the temperature control sensor. My questions is, is the HVAC units all use the same wiring harness? So can I simply switch this out or is there more to it?

Don't know. I don't think anybody here has done that.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Jammer151 said:

Merlin tec on Jeepforum might well know if its possible

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I think you would be the first one to do this.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I'd be interested as I miss my auto controls when not driving my BMW.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
So if I have the autolights but no leather/sunroof package, can I do this? I think the temp sensor is part of the control unit so all I'd need are the two parts and I'd be good to go.

·
Registered
487 Posts
YB Normyl said:
There's actually two sunsensors, the other one is in the auto wipers rain sensor. You will have one or the other, or none but not both.

erm I have the sun sensor on the dash

and the rain sensoer on the windshield.

but it is the european version.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
drysuitdiver said:
erm I have the sun sensor on the dash

and the rain sensoer on the windshield.

but it is the european version.
The US has both also.

·
Super Moderator
15,108 Posts
CrzCajun said:
The US has both also.
Yes, that is correct, we do have both sensors depending on how your vehicle is equiped.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I have both, The one thing I do like like about my new smart car is that the rain sensor is the size of a hocky puck and sits on teh windshild near the rear view mirrow, you would think MB could make a smaller unit.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
So do I need both sensors or will this work with only the sun sensor for the autolamps?

·
Registered
109 Posts
auto lights be nice, could we add it to our UK cars?

·
Registered
487 Posts
ricky O said:
auto lights be nice, could we add it to our UK cars?

if you have the rear fog switch on the light stalk then no .

if the rear fog switch is on the dash under the radio then yes.

my friendly mastertec looked into it and was going to do it as a labour freebie( i pay for the parts only)

would be good as she drove home from a party on saturday as I was slightly well oiled and I had to turn on the lights as she couldn't work out how to:D

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Cool, that might be a project for this summer.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts