Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a '06 Commander and I'm wondering about the HVAC Controls. The problem I'm having is when the fan is off, I can't adjust the temperature settings. So, if I have it on vent with the fan off and I turn the temp knob to a hotter or colder setting, it doesn't change until I turn the fan on. Then I can turn the fan back off and it will keep this temp setting.

Another problem I'm having is, the recirculate position doesn't stop outside air from coming in. The only way I can get it to stop blowing on me is to close each vent in the dash.

Any body else have these problems? I did several searches and didn't find anything.

This is the basic model without the automatic AC or dual zone system.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
These are not problems, you just do not know how to operate system. Fan has to be on or in auto position to regulate temp setting, recirculating is so you do not induce outside air into the cabin.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are not problems, you just do not know how to operate system. Fan has to be on or in auto position to regulate temp setting, recirculating is so you do not induce outside air into the cabin.

I would love to learn how to operate the system, and that is what I am trying to do.

I understand what recirculating is, but as I said above it does not appear to be working because even with the fan off air still comes out of the vents, so it must be coming from outside.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I would love to learn how to operate the system, and that is what I am trying to do.

I understand what recirculating is, but as I said above it does not appear to be working because even with the fan off air still comes out of the vents, so it must be coming from outside.
there will be air flow through the vents caused just by the vehicle moving, its called physics.

if its a full force air flow then there may be a problem , but just a draught through em is normal. evn my wifes "normal" car does this on recirc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts