Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the ac lines that are located in the wheel well of thr right front tire .....are they for the front of the XK or are they for the thierd row and can they be removed?:icon_confused:

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
They run back to the rear hvac. Don't know what the consequences of removing them would be other than the rear hvac would not work.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They run back to the rear hvac. Don't know what the consequences of removing them would be other than the rear hvac would not work.
since my wife got SUV we dont use the commander for the kids so the third bench never gets used so i dont need air back their and i would avoid cousing damage due to tire rub.

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
since my wife got SUV we dont use the commander for the kids so the third bench never gets used so i dont need air back their and i would avoid cousing damage due to tire rub.
But you don't know how it might affect the forward hvac.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But you don't know how it might affect the forward hvac.
shoot! i think what ill do is stop by the dealer and ask a tech see if they know and if it works man that would be cool .......
in the mean time i'm gettn some spacers sent to me. im going to try them up front and see if it clears and if that works than ill get another set for the rear...thanks jeep5253

·
Registered
696 Posts
find anything out about the ac lines? to remove, move, or not to remove?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm not sure it's all that complicated. Costly maybe. I'd imagine you'd just need to have the A/C evacuated of refrigerant, and then get those lines cut and capped, pull a vacuum, then have the A/C recharged with less regrigerent, probably 24 oz instead of 32 or whatever the rear A/C models take.

Some people still use the rear A/C even when people aren't back there, it helps to cool the Commander much more quickly.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I am not interested in removing them; but relocating them which I think someone else on here has already done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts