Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Rubi, you beat me to the punch. I'd be very interested into hearing a owners review of this product. I'm interested in it because it's a programmer (for after wheels and lift) as well as the reported fuel gains.

Slainte'
O'C

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hypertech Econ

Has anyone tried one of these power programmers? If they work, they sound kind of cheap, 3 MPG for $300. But I can't find anyone who has actually used one. Thanks

·
Registered
391 Posts
Any updates? Has anyone installed this yet? Tnx.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The E-con is just available for the 3.8 & 5.7 commander right now. A "slumdog millionaire" offshore rep for a parts house convinced me it had the 4.7l software, and I wound up sending it back. And the E-con must be upgraded with optional software to make changes to the ECU. I called the factory support folks about this, and it turns out the software upgrade cost will be higher than paying more and going with the Max-energy model, which can change things in the ECU. The factory guy also said the only difference 'tween the e-con and the Max-energy was the software. The hypertech site has no Max-energy model for 4.7l commander . I hope the gauntlet thrown down by the Flashpak 4.7l model will get hypertech moving on a 4.7l commander update.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Any one get this programmer since the last post on 09 I see that they are also offered for the 4.7 I would really like to hear some feed back.

·
Banned
389 Posts
Any one get this programmer since the last post on 09 I see that they are also offered for the 4.7 I would really like to hear some feed back.
Buy the Flashpaq by Superchips would be my advice.

·
Banned
389 Posts
:banana_hitit:

I know but didn't you say you did not get any MPG increase I atleast want one MPG inclrease this would really help.
No programmer is going to give you much in fuel economy gains. Your pretty much buying it for power, don't listen to the claims, all of the makers say better fuel economy but on the XK it just isn't happening. :) So....like I said...buy the Flashpaq.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I can only speak from my experience. I have always been extremely happy with DiabloSport. Not sure if they tune the 4.7 though.

When my Commander was stock, we got about 15mpg or a little less on road trips with the vehicle loaded with luggage going around 80mph average.

After the lift, tires and Predator 87 tune (which gets more power and better shifts) we are averaging in the high 15s - low 16s for the same trip.

Also, around town was consistently in the low 12s - hi 11s. Now 13+ isn't uncommon.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
417 Posts
P.S. the ONLY performance mod I have is the tuner.

And Don't forget to factor in the cost of the tuner when looking at your improvements for a true ROI.
Predators can be had for $225 - $275 on the used market.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Tanx Bobula but unfortunately it is only available for the HEMI glad it worked for you I guess I'll wait see if anyone else has experience on a 4.7.

·
Banned
389 Posts
Tanx Bobula but unfortunately it is only available for the HEMI glad it worked for you I guess I'll wait see if anyone else has experience on a 4.7.
That's why I said just buy the Flashpaq. Trust me, with it, the extra trans. tuning, my K&N set up and synthetic fluids my XK runs a 7.3 0-60 mph time...if you want more power, and are serious and don't mind spending a few bucks on toys you can really wake your XK up and turn your 4.7 L into a firebreathing dragon. :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
I guess no one has bought and tried this programmer for the jeep yet. Let us know if you have.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I know this is an older thread but I figured maybe someone has purchased this programmer if so what were your results?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts