Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received an email from Hypertech that the MaxEnergy and ECON programmers are now available for the 4.7l V8. Now we can finally have a little more fun with this engine!

I might invest in one to see how it tweaks the engine so I get more power out of my truck. Wish I could find the cost on their site, they refer me to local dealers.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Do you think it would work with the flex fuel motor too. I have no plans on using that CRAP, but want to know if the tuner would work the same for a flex fuel setup.

·
Registered
405 Posts
is it also for the 06 commander I just went to a website and they only offer it for the 2008 4.7

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is it also for the 06 commander I just went to a website and they only offer it for the 2008 4.7
Not sure, just passing along the info I found. Haven't called them to verify for the 2006-7 years.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Commander tuner can be updated to this version

The max energy for the newer 4.7 ltr can be updated via the internet (for free) to work on the older single sparkplug 4.7 engine. I did it recently and it worked to program my 2006/4.7.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am very interested to here people's thoughts. I would like to buy this programmer. I found it online at 4wheelonline for $292. Hypertech is also offering to online upgrade the max econ to max energy for free.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The max energy for the newer 4.7 ltr can be updated via the internet (for free) to work on the older single sparkplug 4.7 engine. I did it recently and it worked to program my 2006/4.7.

How do you like the Hypertech and is it worth the money? Have you noticed any gains with it at all in power or mileage? Please let us know what you think of it and any down side that you have noticed. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
17 Posts
"I have no plans on using that CRAP,"

Actually, E85 is the new rage in drag racing and power making circles. They claim to run cooler and make big power. Hot rodders have been using "alcohol" fuels for years to make big power...just a side note.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have only used it around town so far. The pickup seems a little better, but that could be the "placebo" effect. I did have one problem on install: the downloaded hypertech manual states that the satellite radio must have the fuse pulled. I could not find a fuse labled "radio" in the owner's manual. There was an Audio amp fuse listed, but the owner's manual description of fuse locations sucks. The Hypertech factory support person said the sat. radio on the Jeep did not need the power pulled, so go ahead with the programming.
The install took about 20 minutes, and at one point, the DTC window in the inst. cluster started running through all the error messages repeatedly. Another poster reported the same thing with another brand of programmer.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hey Johnc how did the Hypertech programmer work for you did you ever see any mpg increase I have the same year and engine as yours, if it worked for you I might give it a try. :roller:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm trying to choose between the few that are available for the 4.7. I need to know as we'll was it worth the $ or does anyone else have anything different that the want to elaborate on.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I have been using Superchips Flashpaq on my 4.7 liter for years and love it.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
What kind of gains did you see from it? Mpg or maybe 0-60 before and after? Not that its a race car but I want the most for my $.
I'm running 33 inch mud tires so its kind of hard to elaborate on the gains I got from the Flashpaq. However I'm running the 91 tune and it definitely helps out. Just the new transmission shift points helped greatly with the bigger tires. I really didn't get the tuner for performance. I got it for the better shift points with the bigger tires and to correct the speedometer. But I also use the off road setting to eliminate the TPMS

·
Registered
28 Posts
Gotcha, I'm running 35s on my f150 and with SCT I have and the few bolt ons I gained 40 rwhp. Had it dyno tuned to get the most out of it.its a shame SCT doesn't make one for jeeps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts