Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you know that i am looking into a Jeep Srt8. Not because i dont love my Commander but b/c of engine size. yeah yeah, anyway today i called a dealer about 4 hours away Erie, PA and was crunching number for an 06 SRT8 inferno, loaded with 3,990 miles, there price 32,500 (Fair) i played phone tag all day for a trade in value on my 06 Limited Commander HEMI Loaded, with 15K miles. This is where i sh*t my pants, the trade in value on my jeep 16,500!!! WTF! Anyway, i needed to vent
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a freakin 4x4 5.7L HEMI nav, backup camera saddle interior, and whatnot. everything but rear DVD. ( That's a low ball big time)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
Well KBB trade for my 06 with 29,000 miles is $18,700. Retail is $28,100.
They should give you more for yours...
They give you like $18,000 then turn around and sell it for $28,000. How do you think they make money? It really sucks though! Ten Grand Difference!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
$16,500 is too low, they should have offered you around $22,000. Maybe they saw the mods and thought it would be too hard to get rid of, considering it is set up for a more specified market.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Big- I said nothing to them over the phone about it being heavily modded. SO in there eyes, this was just a stock 5.7L Commander. Oh well...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
You're better off trying to sale it yourself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
5.7 limited loaded 4x4 just bought

Hi guys new to the forum. I just purchased a 2006 5.7 limited 4x4 Commander loaded, has the optional DVD players in the drivers seat head-rest and NAV. Got the Sirrus radio going, I use to have XM and I find Sirrus much better on how they group their music. Anyway, I have found that there is no line level input for my ipod, is this a easy aftermarket add-on, or is it there and I can't find it. Sorry if I have posted in a wrong thread. really like the Jeep- this is my first Jeep.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
CrzCajun said:
You're better off trying to sale it yourself.
I second that!!! Alot of people are into modding cars the way your Commander is and I'm sure you would get a decent offer for it!! Way more than a trade-in!!! They wouldn't have to do much modding and pay for it- it's already done!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
717 Posts
Jett1960 said:
Hi guys new to the forum. I just purchased a 2006 5.7 limited 4x4 Commander loaded, has the optional DVD players in the drivers seat head-rest and NAV. Got the Sirrus radio going, I use to have XM and I find Sirrus much better on how they group their music. Anyway, I have found that there is no line level input for my ipod, is this a easy aftermarket add-on, or is it there and I can't find it. Sorry if I have posted in a wrong thread. really like the Jeep- this is my first Jeep.
Depends on your rear seat entertainment....if it's not hooked up through the head unit you can probably go with the Mopar iPod direct intergration kit....check out this thread....

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1826&highlight=Direct+iPod+connect
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
I considered trading my Commander in for an Unlimited Rubicon. The best my dealer could offer me was $31,500. (The sticker was $44K) These just don't hold their value very well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
ok I had the same problem!!!! This is what I have learned from dealers, the KBB low book value is basically useless. I purchased an 07 Tahoe LT3 in november of 06 sticker price was 48,000 but with a downpayment and rebates and yada yada yada, I was out the door at 40,500. I ran into financial problems about 9 months after purchased due to medical billa and was forced to trade it in for a lesser vehicle,(my commander). I checked the low book on it and it was at 40,300. Called a few dealerships and highest offer was 29,000 trade it!!! I was like WTF?!?!?! And here was every single one of their responses...."We offer what we can go to the auction and purchase them for" I asked about the low book value and all of them said they don't go by that anymore, of course I tried to sell on my own, but not many people had 40k laying around for an suv especially with gas prices so I ate about 9 thousand dollars, sorry for the long reply just thought i would let you know my experience....I checked out trading my jeep last month though and highest offer was 16,000 and mine is the base 3.7 4x4 so yeah they are low balling.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
ShinyBlackHEMI said:
Most of you know that i am looking into a Jeep Srt8. Not because i dont love my Commander but b/c of engine size. yeah yeah, anyway today i called a dealer about 4 hours away Erie, PA and was crunching number for an 06 SRT8 inferno, loaded with 3,990 miles, there price 32,500 (Fair) i played phone tag all day for a trade in value on my 06 Limited Commander HEMI Loaded, with 15K miles. This is where i sh*t my pants, the trade in value on my jeep 16,500!!! WTF! Anyway, i needed to vent

Heh, yeah, welcome to my world. I watched my $43k loaded hemi (everything but nav and dvd) go down to $21k in perfect condition by KBB in 1.5 years. And, well, $21k is what I got for it. Of course, it had 32k miles, but still!
=( Just to ask, why did they go so far below the KBB value? Was there something wrong with it? Even I got the straight KBB, although they offered that 'cos it was lifted and hand new exhaust/intake. I saw it on their lot the other day, and they were selling it right at KBB - $28k. (They have to pay rent, right?)


!c
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
advertised at a dealer in Toledo.. brand new 2008 4X4 Commander Sport 23,500. I wonder why they don't have resale? They had over 200 available. I don't know of a lot with near that many but probably in the area. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no idea why they offered me 16.5G for it. I was offered 21.5K at my local jeep dealer. I guess the salesman thought i was a retard or something. I was dealing on an 06 SRT8 WK with 3K miles. Needless to say i will never show my face in that dealership after the argument i had with "george"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
807 Posts
I truely think the value on these dropped a lot with the talk of it being discontinued in the near future. Also, very few companies are making accessories for them. For example, look how hard it has been to get a company to make a winch bumper....etc....
In a few years, if they do drop it from the Jeep line, you won't be able to walk into a dealer and trade your commander in for a newer model, you will be talking about a whole new vehicle all together. Higher gas prices are not helping either with every one buying riceburners and such.
But even with that said, they did low ball you on that price. That kind of price is an insult. I would tell then you could get more satisfaction totaling it out by running it off a cliff, before letting them steal it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
ped4599 said:
I truely think the value on these dropped a lot with the talk of it being discontinued in the near future. Also, very few companies are making accessories for them. For example, look how hard it has been to get a company to make a winch bumper....etc....
In a few years, if they do drop it from the Jeep line, you won't be able to walk into a dealer and trade your commander in for a newer model, you will be talking about a whole new vehicle all together. Higher gas prices are not helping either with every one buying riceburners and such.
But even with that said, they did low ball you on that price. That kind of price is an insult. I would tell then you could get more satisfaction totaling it out by running it off a cliff, before letting them steal it.
Well, regarding the accessories and such, they said, quite plainly "The vast majority of the people who buy Commanders do _not_ want a bunch of off-road gear." i.e. they're selling them to soccer moms and such. Of course, the types of people that buy them in my neighborhood may be different than in yours. Mind you, however, they can't even keep Wranglers in stock. They lift and mod 2-3 a week, and they only stay on the lot for a couple of days. (I checked their inventory, that is, walked up the garage and looked at how much they had of each vehicle - week before last they had about 30 commanders and 70 wranglers, yesterday they had 25 commanders and about 30 wranglers. Said they were waiting for more =)

!c
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top