Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Jeep Commander and I currently have the stock 245/65R17 tires. I have someone going to give me 265/70R17 what kind of modifications will I have to make if any.

·
Registered
152 Posts
This thread will answer a lot of questions you might have, you'll have to scroll down to get to the part about the tires.

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8393

Also, some more info would be good--do you have the 3.7l, 4.7l, or 5.7 hemi? AWD or 2wd? Have 4lo switch?

If you have awd (or 4x4 if you like) make sure the tires you having given to you are all worn the same--having one or two off can mess up your awd system--before installing them.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
bottom line is you need at least a 2 inch lift i recomend the old man emu hd springs shocks and struts thats what i run and think it rides much better than factory springs after the lift you will have to do minor triming to the front splash shields in the fender thats about it some say you have to perform a front end alignment but after i lifted mine i set it up on the alignment rack and the alignment was still perfect

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
i agree its a good idea to have it checked but dosnt always require adjustment. thats a pretty good deal lifetime alignments i would definetly take advantage of that if you have it. i have the benefit of being the shop forman at a dealership so i just check it myself

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
bottom line is you need at least a 2 inch lift i recomend the old man emu hd springs shocks and struts thats what i run and think it rides much better than factory springs after the lift you will have to do minor triming to the front splash shields in the fender thats about it some say you have to perform a front end alignment but after i lifted mine i set it up on the alignment rack and the alignment was still perfect

So your saying you installed OME HD coils and struts up front and your alignment was still dead on? Thats physically impossible. On an IFS vehicle, the lift (spacers or coils) pushes down on the lower control arm thus lifting the vehicle. This totally throws off the caster/camber adjustment as well as the toe. So the only way it could have been dead on after the lift is if some how it was way off prior and the lift brought it into spec. But if that was the case your tires would have been cupped like crazy on the inside prior to the lift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts