Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Determined to find some 4x4 trails in the suburbs of Chicago, I found a sweet spot tucked back off the highway. After passing an open gate covered by trees, I threw it in reverse to see what it might lead to. I didn't see any "no trespassing" signs, so I said, what the h*ll!! I hit the jackpot!!!!

Of course, there are some offroad trails for extremest near Chicago such as The Cliffs and The Bad Lands. But those are a hike for me and I wanted something close by. A little searching paid off.

Those of you away from the city life are probably laughing.. But I kid you not, finding a good place to offroad in Chicago is very tough. Ripping through the snow gets old, fast!

This place is perfect for the JC.. It looks as though some of the locals built a motorcross/bmx track with plenty of hills, etc.. The entire area is covered by trees and can't be seen from the road. After checking the place out and avoiding the occasional beer bottles, I was able to give the JC it's first mud work out.

Of course, I had to fire up the tmaxx rc truck to have some fun on the jumps.. Sorry no tmaxx pics. I was too excited just to have found such a sweet spot.

oh.... I didn't forget JC pics... enjoy!!
http://www.esnips.com/web/JeepCommanderOffroad

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
No pics--just red x.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Nothing wrong with a little bit of mud. Congrats on the find now keep it dirty!!!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Hmmm how many bottles of water did it take to make your own mud? JK:D

Glad you finally got the chance to dip your tires in some mud. Now lets get that XK brown! :p

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cico7 said:
Getting a little muddy is like a badge of honor! Good pics!
You bet.. I'm not washing the XK for a week and I'll be parking in the front row at the office tomorrow! ;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
What is that strange liquid stuff in puddles on the ground? I have heard of such a phenomenon, but never observed it in person...

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I am just jealous =P
Cause my lift still needs to be ordered and tires...

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Mud, That's hard to find in AZ.

·
Registered
208 Posts
a49erFootballFan said:
Mud, That's hard to find in AZ.
We can find it occasionally here in TX, but it requires a little rain. We've been dry as a bone for months.

Nice pics, DJ!

·
Registered
139 Posts
muddy black, my favorite color xk, pics look good and congrats on finding a spot to play in. JD

1 - 15 of 15 Posts