Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is what happens when you try to show off in front of your little brother and all his friends. I new I wouldnt make it through the hole but figured id test out the mud tires. I almost made it all the way through but when I couldnt go forward any more I put it in reverse and ended up getting stuck worse in the middle of the hole. If I had a little more lift and some 33's I would have made it. About two minutes prior to getting stuck my brothers friend in a older chevy 1500 got burried in the same hole and I had to pull him out. He tried going through it from the side and got like 5 feet in before getting stuck.

Then on the way home I had a rock shoot up from the vehicle in front of me and it shattered my drivers side front head light. :ugh2: I didnt realize it until I got to the car wash. I figured the rock just hit the bumper or something.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I believe that is the dirtiest XK I've seen.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's just because the lugs are full of mud. I dont think that tire spun enough to clear it all out. It was really thick!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Great job, my wife would of kicked my arse if I brought the XK home like that. What did your boss say when you told her you got stuck?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gotta wonder how much your poor ole Commander weighed before you hosed it off!

Wow! Thats a bunch o mud!

Rob

p.s. Sorry about the headlamp, them things aint cheap.
Well it wouldnt be the first time I got damage on the XK from another vehicle. This past winter my wife and I were going to the hospital and I was behind a U-Haul and a bunch of ice came off the top. I slowed down when I saw it but the wind caught the ice and slammed it into the grille.

Great job, my wife would of kicked my arse if I brought the XK home like that. What did your boss say when you told her you got stuck?
Haha thats why I took it to the car wash before I came home. Seriously though she doesnt care that I off road with the jeep. I sent her a text when I got stuck and she never wrote back. She hasnt said a word about it either since I have been home. So i guess she doesnt care!

Just noticed the smiley face on the second window. That's great!
You should have seen the art work on the rear window from my little brother. He wrote "If I wanted a HUMMER i'd call your mother"

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I still think the best part about going mudding is the ride home. Everyone stares at your vehicle as they pass by.:rofl:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Looks fun to be dirty!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now I just need to find a head light. I found one on www.makeitjeepparts.com and they want $208 for it. Ill have to call the dealer and find out their price and maybe a couple junk yards. Im not sure if they will have many Commanders there but ill give it a try!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks.

If I only had an ebay account. I had one back in the day and had issues with it so I deleted the account. Anyone want to buy this for me and ill paypal you the money?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Looks like you had a blast.

I will paypal for you if needed. Some sellers will only ship to the address on the account so it could include additional shipping. LMK

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Cool, glad we could help. 49er beat me to it. I was going to suggest the same. To bad you can not get those clear ones. I have been surfing the other Ebays looking.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Looks like you had fun! I dont think your front tires had a chance to clean. The mud in the front on the pic looks pretty mean compared to the back watery stuff. :rofl:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts