Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys.

I'm Chris and I'm here because I have a problem. I have a new Commander 2007 since 8 weeks and like it to drive with it. LOL

Anyway ... I ordered a new Diesel version but I think now that it would be better to have a Hemi V8. The sound of the 3.0 CRD is really bad.

How ever, its for me the best car of the world and I tested already the BMW X5, the VW Touareg and also the Grand Cherokee. The Commander was the best and I like in soecially the military look and feeling when I drive.

Therefore mayby I have from time to time also a short contribution for you.:D

Have always a nice drive ...

Chris!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
927 Posts
Hi

I have a 2006 3.0ltr CRD Ltd (Fully Loaded) ... and she runs so smooth, even when cold. I cant hear much difference between that and my V8 Petrol Discovery.

My CRD Commander is Startech / Brabus chipped as its a Merc engine. I gain about 60bhp, and the torque is increased for highway overtaking.

The Commander outperforms my V8 Land Rover Discovery in every possible way.... she's a rocket!

Dont dismiss the CRD over the Hemi because of a little noise (which cant be heard within the cabin), the Mercedes CRD is the utimate engine.

Si
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
I would love to have a CRD. that is meant for offroad. I have the Hemi and don't get me wrong, it is an absolute blast with pick up well beyond the pounds it is hauling but there are many on here that would trade you in a heartbeat. Just search and see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
UK Commander said:
Hi

I have a 2006 3.0ltr CRD Ltd (Fully Loaded) ... and she runs so smooth, even when cold. I cant hear much difference between that and my V8 Petrol Discovery.

My CRD Commander is Startech / Brabus chipped as its a Merc engine. I gain about 60bhp, and the torque is increased for highway overtaking.

The Commander outperforms my V8 Land Rover Discovery in every possible way.... she's a rocket!

Dont dismiss the CRD over the Hemi because of a little noise (which cant be heard within the cabin), the Mercedes CRD is the utimate engine.

Si
Hi from the UK as well Si. Out of interest where did you get the engine chipped and was it expensive? Somthing been thinking about...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
927 Posts
Hi,

Mine was chipped by JCT600 Jeep @ Wakefield. Its an official product costing £1,200 or $2,400. It takes 30mins to install, no effects to the ECU or other electronics as its mainly fitted to the Chrysler 300C CRD.

£1,200 well spent in my view. No flat spots and plenty of power. 0-60 in Seconds without the wife and kids!

Si
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Hey UK members I have a person who lives in the UK that wants to buy my Commander I live in the US won't he have a problem using it there since the US is LHD?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,337 Posts
Make sure that your buyer confirms that the UK dealer network can get the right engine parts if it doesn't have a Hemi. It'll also need to be fitted to conform to UK/European vehicle standards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Command said:
Hey UK members I have a person who lives in the UK that wants to buy my Commander I live in the US won't he have a problem using it there since the US is LHD?
there are a few LHD cars in the UK. biggest problem will be the cost of fuel though (unless you are flogging a CRD). Think UK Commander has done the right thing. May well follow suit if I ever return back to UK from the Gulf.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
UK Commander said:
Hi,

Mine was chipped by JCT600 Jeep @ Wakefield. Its an official product costing £1,200 or $2,400. It takes 30mins to install, no effects to the ECU or other electronics as its mainly fitted to the Chrysler 300C CRD.

£1,200 well spent in my view. No flat spots and plenty of power. 0-60 in Seconds without the wife and kids!

Si
cool, they quote 9 seconds for 0-60 for the CRD, what would you say it is now?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
927 Posts
ricky O said:
cool, they quote 9 seconds for 0-60 for the CRD, what would you say it is now?
My Commander is a RHD, the Brabus chip gets it to 0-60 in approx 7.5-8 seconds, with a little help from the K&N Air filter.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top