Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been awhile since I have been on this site.

I wonder if anyone I know is still here?

I still have both of my Commanders.

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
Welcome back, Bill! It's good to know you are still around. I have often wondered what happened to you. It's great that you still have your Commanders. I still have mine, too.

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I settled down after wandering the country for 35 years.

I bought a home in Lake Havasu City, Arizona about 2 years ago.

It might take me awhile to learn my way around the site as some things have changed or I just forgot how to do them.

Are you still in Myrtle Beach?

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
Yes, still in MB. Yes, some things have changed on the site. There's not too many of us old timers left. I guess most have sold their Commanders and have moved on. Arizona seems like a nice place to live. I have thought about moving there, and I might some day. But for now I'm still a Southern boy.

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts
It has been awhile since I have been on this site.

I wonder if anyone I know is still here?

I still have both of my Commanders.
Good to see you back @HueyPilotVN;

Don't be such a stranger Bill.

If you have any recent pics of your XK's, I'd like to see them in their current state.

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been awhile since I loaded pictures, see if this works.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
Yep, it worked! What happened to your hood ornament? EDIT: Never mind, I looked at the pics again and saw it.

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts
Very nice Bill, you even have 2 that are the same color...how cool is that? I always liked that dark Hunter Green color...not sure what jeep calls it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Welcome back! I remember you from one of the Camp Commander events in Silverton, CO. I, too, am just getting back to posting on this site after a long hiatus!

How's life in Havasu? How are the lake water levels? I am in NE Arizona and all of our lakes are running over the spillways. All of these run into creeks, then rivers, which eventually make it down your way, so hopefully this extra water gets to you before it is all used up!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Very nice Bill, you even have 2 that are the same color...how cool is that? I always liked that dark Hunter Green color...not sure what jeep calls it.
Jeep calls it "DEEP BERYL GREEN" copied right off my build sheet. I'm also partial to that color Commander :laugh2:

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts
Jeep calls it "DEEP BERYL GREEN" copied right off my build sheet. I'm also partial to that color Commander :laugh2:
Thanks for the info.....I really like that color. I wonder if they changed the color name from model year to model year......I know they did that with some of the Blues where every year or two they would change the color name/shade but yet the color still looks almost identical........

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It has been another 5 months since I posted.

I am going to have to spend more time on here and catch up;

I do like Lake Havasu. The town is full of old guys and hot rods.

Was 115 degrees yesterday. Nice an cool inside in the A/C. Great weather in the winter.

I do remember Silverton.

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts

Was 115 degrees yesterday. Nice an cool inside in the A/C. Great weather in the winter.

I do remember Silverton.
I see you got your log in issue resolved.

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts

I do remember Silverton.
Jeez, that's ridiculously hot @HueyPilotVN, and I thought it was bad in Florida....LOL. Bracing for Hurricane Dorian now.

Hey @jeep5253, have you battened down the hatches over there in your neck of the woods?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Huey!! Good to see you buddy.

The last post I remember seeing from you waa the wife (now ex?) stole the pusher, xk, and trailer. Then again, I was just a lurker back in that day.

Glad to see all that got sorted... one way or another.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts