Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i plan to do a couple of small things to it. Chrome grill, chrome door moulding, clear corners and maybe chrome door handels. There wont be any arguing with a spouce though. This is all mine. Im only 24 and live in a apartment by myself.

·
Registered
331 Posts
funny. we got a limited 5 days ago. we were thinking we'd like to swap the chrome grille for black. my wife doesn't like the chrome handles on the liftgate, either. i never really liked chrome on cars. chrome is for motorcycles. I think, if I could, I'd replace the door spears, license plate shroud, and hatch handles with black, too.

The chrome clad wheels could go, too. why do they do that? aluminum wheels, with plastic covers that are chromed??? what happened to good ole fashined chrome wheels?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had mine for a whole 4 days and i love it!!! everything is black, im already looking at a chrome grill, handles and other accessories!

·
Registered
204 Posts
lumberjim said:
The chrome clad wheels could go, too. why do they do that? aluminum wheels, with plastic covers that are chromed??? what happened to good ole fashined chrome wheels?
The chrome would peel and rust underneath so they switched to the cladding. PT cruisers were some of the worst ever, but other OEMs had the same problems with chrome wheels.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My dealer tri-dipped my wheels after I took delivery of the vehicle for $200. They were going to swap the original non-chrome wheels with the chrome-clad ones for way more than $200.

It took them longer than they promised.. but the results are good. Time will tell whether the chrome will peel/rust. I've had chrome TSW's on my VW for more than 6 years / 150k miles with no problems.

I've seen horror stories concerning shoddy chrome jobs on other cars in the past. I guess it all depends on how good a shop's chrome process is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts