Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching all over for a guide or video on how to install a tail light for an 07 commander. I've found cars that I'm assuming are close but if anyone knows of a good guide (a video would be great) that could show me how to replace the tail light I'd appreciate it.
Thanks

·
Registered
452 Posts
It's really simple. Open the liftgate, and you should see two black plastic prong that are holding in the light assembly. Use a small flat screw driver to slightly pry out the 'inner' cap. The cap should pop up. Pull the cap as much as it'll go, then pull the 'outer' cap afterwards (x2). Next, gently jerk the assembly out (it's held by two notches that are clamped to the chassis). Once the assembly is loose, you should be able to locate the bulb that's burnt out. Just turn and pull out and replace your bulb. Assembly is in reverse, as well as the prongs being reinserted.

·
Super Moderator
14,942 Posts

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
:stickpoke: Be careful when you pull the lamp assemblies out. Pull them straight out! It is very easy to scratch the top of the bumper! I'm speaking from experience, here! :sick:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts