Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IF anything for them to fit ok! do i need to do the pinch weld mod with these tires? they look huge. also will i be able to fit one under the XK for a spare? i bought 6 for $100 so hopefully i can make them work. tell me what i need to do! i know in the tire thread it says minor rubbing may occur but can it be avoided?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Pinch weld mod for sure. Are you planning on lifting your XK?

In pretty sure you can fit it underneath the rear if you let the air out of the tire. Just make sure you have some sort of compressor handy to air it back up if you need to use it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do i need wheel spacers?! and also is there any small compressors that will fit where the jack goes or what compressors are you guys recommending?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would the 1/2" levelling kit save me any work on this from rusty's? i wish shipping wasnt $17 for a $30 part i really want the levelling kit!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
do i need wheel spacers?! and also is there any small compressors that will fit where the jack goes or what compressors are you guys recommending?
You might be able to get by without the wheel spacers. As long as the tires clear the upper ball joint stut that sticks down towards the tire. As far as compressors you can get a nice one for a little over $100 that will have no problem airing up that size tire. I don't think it will fit where the jack is though.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
would the 1/2" levelling kit save me any work on this from rusty's? i wish shipping wasnt $17 for a $30 part i really want the levelling kit!
The 1/2 leveling spacers SHOULD give you enough lift to clear the taller tires. The tires are approx 2 inches taller than stock though so you might need a 2 inch lift. Hope everthing works out for you. I would definitely do the pinch weld mod and re mold the plastic fender well liners up front.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just put 245/75/17 on my stock XK and have no problem with rubbing or fitment. Do plan on getting a 2" RC lift shortly though.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I just put 245/75/17 on my stock XK and have no problem with rubbing or fitment. Do plan on getting a 2" RC lift shortly though.
That's good to know. So with a 1/2 inch spacer he will be fine and nice and level

·
Registered
21 Posts
So if I'm figgerin things right, a new set of Bilstein 5100 struts in the front ... set at .75 lift, would be plenty to level the front out as well as put the 245/75/17 on. Correct?

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you have the spare tire deflated how do you deal with the TPMS system/sensor? I'm also looking at some 245/75 r17's. Getting mixed readings if the spare will fit.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
So if I'm figgerin things right, a new set of Bilstein 5100 struts in the front ... set at .75 lift, would be plenty to level the front out as well as put the 245/75/17 on. Correct?

That tire size would definitely fit no problem with the Bilstein 5100 struts set to .75 lift but I think you would be a hair taller in the front. I could be wrong though. I'd measure from the ground to the fender flares front and rear and see how much lower the front sits.

If you have the spare tire deflated how do you deal with the TPMS system/sensor? I'm also looking at some 245/75 r17's. Getting mixed readings if the spare will fit.
I think it depends on which model commander you have. I have a 2007 4.7 liter Sport and I took the spare out completely and it didn't effect the tpms

·
Registered
21 Posts
That tire size would definitely fit no problem with the Bilstein 5100 struts set to .75 lift but I think you would be a hair taller in the front. I could be wrong though. I'd measure from the ground to the fender flares front and rear and see how much lower the front sits.

Thank you for the info. I haven't done any measuring yet, but if it is just a little bit high in the front then maybe a winch bumper to settle it down just a little might be in order.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
If your going with a winch bumper I'd recommend the OME HD lift

1 - 13 of 13 Posts