Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I know where it is, it's just that the doors are locked and there is a CLOSED sign in them.This really sucks, 'cause I can walk to it if needed and I bought my last 3 cars from them. Good service dept and I've known the salesman for quite some time.I had heard that the dealers General mngr was going to but it from the current owner........but evidently that fell through. There is another Chrysler/Jeep dealer not to far away, but I was very happy with our current dealer. Anyone else have dlrs closing this suddenly?-43:icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I had my dealer close last year. They were the best dealer I've ever had. They definitely earned their 5star. The Dodge dealership directly across the street from it started in the jeep business immediately after they closed. The service is good there also, but not as good as the other dealer was.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Power and Bill Heard Chevy closed so far but no Jeep dealers that I know of.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Last month I was in the local Jeep dealer, turning in my TJ and choosing the new vehicle (obviously a Commander). I was there from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. - and I was the only customer to walk through the doors in that six hour time frame. The adjoining Chrysler showroom had a few lookers, but the Jeep showroom was empty. They had a brand new '07 Commander that I just missed out on, it had been sold a couple of days before and was waiting for pickup. Sales haven't been exactly perky. Hopefully they'll be able to weather the storm, they're a good bunch and their service department seems top notch.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
My Jeep dealership closed last year to. Right by my house. The new one sucks, I had to fight over a leaky stru they tried to blame the lift kit on.

·
Registered
717 Posts
My dealer closed last year as well.... My mechanic went to another dealer about 15 miles from my house. That's where I go now.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
None here have closed yet, but my local dealer is hurting, very little floor traffic these days.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I had a really hard time finding a Chrysler service department that would do any type of decent work covered under warranty when I moved to the Delaware area. I finally found one in Elkton, MD and they were fantastic for the 6 months or so that I used them, always willing to take my vehicle in the next day, and had parts immediately.

I called 3 weeks ago to have work done on my falling back up sensors only to learn that they had to close their service department.

·
Registered
397 Posts
The current economic slump sure isn't helping dealerships any. But the closing of some Chrysler Jeep Dodge dealerships and the expansion of others has been in the works for a while. They are trying to eliminate familial competition and make larger more profitable dealerships.

A tough hard-nosed business decision, it makes sense, but it is tough losing those small guys who have been part of the local community for generations.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I actually wouldn't mind if my local dealership closed, although I'd like to keep the service department. I've found them to be arrogant, condescending, and down right rude.

Last year, we were looking to buy a 300C. The local dealer was way high and not willing to budge. After some research, I found Dave Smith Motors in Idaho (1100 miles away). Their price was $15k less than the local dealer. I went to my dealer and said, "You could save me a trip to Idaho and fill your pockets if you could get close to their price." They still wouldn't budge and assured me that there was NO WAY that was the real price...so off to Idaho I went.

I am going back up to Dave Smith in a few weeks to pick up our new Commander. My dad also just bought a 300C from Dave Smith. I hate driving so far away, but the local dealers are just too hard to deal with. So, they lost out on 3 car sales due to their own arrogance.

·
Registered
208 Posts
No closings down here that I know of. I went and talked to my salesman the other day (I've bought my last two Jeeps from him) and he said that business is terrible right now, the likes of which he's never seen. Fortunately, the dealership is a very strong name here and I don't think they'll close. Could see a bunch of layoffs tho.

·
Registered
269 Posts
My dealership closed about two months ago Ancira on HWY 281 San Antonio, Texas

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am in Newtown Square outside of Philly. Moved here 5 years ago from Connecticut.
Yup, I'm very familiar with that area, used to live off route 252 in Berwyn! Route 3 and I are old friends, flew plenty of missions between there and W Chester. -43:icon_biggrin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts