Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been 4 days now with no commander. When I bought it it had a small 1/2 in dent on the door pillar and they took it for a day and gave it back to me saying dentless repair cant get it out due to being a more steel structure in that area and most likily it will have to go to a body shop. So its 4 days and still no call. I cant see this taking more then a 1. My buddy who has a body shop said he couldve fixed that in a few hours and that would be it but they took it to a shop they deal with. Im in a 2008 Flexfuel dakota and its not bad but its basic with 4x4 being that only upgrade I think they ordered it. Its nice is .50cents cheaper on gas but it still isnt good on gas. If they have started as of today then im going to be pissed and just will get if fixed myself at my buddy's shop. I have mods sitting at home waiting to me installed but no commander. DAM OK Ive vented enough.

JRod

·
Registered
452 Posts
I've got you beat.... my XK has been at the dealership since Wednesday last week. My instrument display started to light up like a christmas light show, along w/ my tachometer and speedometer; engine didn't stall. Along w/ that, some sort of water leak (again, it's in a different location; 4th time a water leak has been detected), and some sort of clunk coming from the sunroof area. Your cosmetic ordeal couldn't be anymore worse than my experience right now. I'm in a freakin loaner... '08 Dodge Avenger sedan. It's not at all pleasing...but, I'm the first to rack up the miles on it LOL.

·
Registered
807 Posts
we all feel your pain! I got my Commander all smashed up from a drunk driver hitting me just before thanksgiving and had a rental for over a week....it was also right when we got one of our first snows of the year and when i wanted to go hunting and use all the hunting gadgets that I bought special for the Commander....it sucked not having my jeep that long.....We feel your pain.....hehe....

·
Registered
71 Posts
I know how you feel.Mine was off the road for 7 weeks due to a heater hose. The only snow we've had this year and I was riding around in a Grand Voyager. Its great to have it back though!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
xpjeep06 yes your issue is bad, but mine is just a small dent. For a body shop to take 5 or more days to fix a 1/2 dent. Now either they dont know what the hell their doing or their just back up. Im giving them until tomorrow and will tell them ILL get it fixed myself.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well they called me this morning saying it will be done by monday afternoon. Dont know even if they started on it. Its kind of strange that when I called on Friday to check to see its status that all of the sudden it will be done on monday. The body shop is milking that hell out of the dealer. They offered to give me 3 oil changes for free due to it taking so long, but I stated to him that fine but a synthetic oil change will have to be becasue I already switch to synthetic. They said they cant do that and would offer me something else when I come to pick it up on Monday. So will see.

·
Registered
397 Posts
You have my sympathy.

Back in '99 I had a brand new Passat Wagon and I got hit. It took 40 days to repair, 'coincidently' that is when the rental reimbursement ran out. I made the mistake of renting the car from the same body shop doing the repairs. Heck, I was referred to them by my own insurance company.

I won't make that mistake again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I might have the best story.

Bought a 07 Overland Nov 30, due to my 99Disco starting to seep a bit too much coolant.... Wife 8 months pregnant, 3 year old at home and I travel.

1st snowfall 6 days later the XK gets rear ended with all my people on board. Took it to the insurance companies service center of the ding dong who rear ended us, because they had the rental there, etc. (of course now I realize that almost every body shop can arrange to have a rental available)

Long story short, about 80 phone calls to fix @$1,000 worth of damage and just got the truck back last week.....

Calls every day, every excuse possible, pregnant wife pissed at home, didn't want to drive the Magnum rental, collateral damage on my main vehicle' rims from my wife curbing it....Finally I attempted to pick it up after it had been "quality checked", and sharpie pen marks still on uncompleted work from six weeks before.....

Good news is everyone is healthy, but what a PITA! And I need a new rim on our other vehicle!

Grrrr!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well last night I got to pick up my commander. The dent is gone and cant even tell if it was there or not. They cleaned the inside and washed the outside but the only thing is when you get it you can still smell the paint. So Im happy now and its time to install all of the mods that I got.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts