Jeep Commander Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went off-roading last week and dented the front lower bumper on my black commander...its like right where the radiator is. I don't want to buy a new bumper...where could i find a used one or something. any suggestions?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! i'll check that out.

·
Registered
94 Posts
jeep_girl24 said:
I went off-roading last week and dented the front lower bumper on my black commander...its like right where the radiator is. I don't want to buy a new bumper...where could i find a used one or something. any suggestions?
Is it in the center? Maybe you can pull it out and put a Mopar bull bar there to hide the dent if you cant find a bumper. or you could take it off and fab up a winch bumper using yours as a templet and then we could all buy one since AEV want make one yet. Just a thought......

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats the bumper. its the lower part on the right side below the tow hook. its alll dented in. and plus i messed my radiator up too..oops :eek: . by the way its a lease vehicle.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL...u guys r funny :p

·
Registered
807 Posts
Do you photos of the bumper damage? Is it the plastic covering or the bumper its self. You may be able to just pop it out.
Also, is your profile photo in deep snow? Its hard to tell, but you look a little stuck. Did you post full sized photos of your jeep or your profile photo?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
http://home.comcast.net/~wegotmud5/miniclip 12-9.wmv

check that video out...my friend and i both got stuck..we r at the beginning of it. oh and my muffler was full underneath the mud. my boyfriend was like whatever u do don't shut the motor off. i could post that video too, but its on my other computer.

i hope u can see the lil damage with all this wet mud on it
[/IMG]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
those look like the h2 sut's. totally digging the middle one tho.

for the bumper do u think i could just pop it back out? or do u think it would crack?

·
Registered
807 Posts
I think you could just pop it out. I have been working with my bumper a lot since they fixed it, since i was in an accident a few weeks ago. they are pretty flexible. The only thing that may be an issue is the pain and clear coat my crack or chip. the at happend to mind while bending and flexing it, but it isnt that noticable. I think the damage is already done, you have nothing to lose by popping it back out.

NICE video. It looks like you had a lot of fun. it looks like that silver commander was in pretty deep. I must have missed how it go back out. Dont be affraid to post some still photos in the photo section. we all love to see people out offroading. YOu certainly did some of that!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
okay cool thanks...ill do it this weekend. Yeah i have lotz of pics of offroading. ill post some up sooon.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.