Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE: http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5227

I am looking for someone that is either an attorney or works for a
dealership... I have had no luck with dealership so I typed a letter with a time line that I am going to send to the dealership's owner.

I am looking for someone to go over the letter and see if I am wasting my time. I can pm letter to anyone that is willing to look at it for me

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
You're in a terrible situation for sure, but did you try to find the history of the vehicle? Meaning did you try to find the original owner's name? If you can find the person who originally owned the vehicle, you'd probably be able to determine if the vehicle was sold as salvaged by him or his insurance company. It seems to me that your first (and most important) step here is to try and find out as much as possible about the vehicle and then you can place the blame where it truly belongs. The dealership seems like an obvious choice, but what if they honestly didn't know about the damage and it wasn't documented properly?

·
Registered
178 Posts
chef7047 said:
It was a rental in California before I bought it
Chef,

Didn't I read in one of the posts from the original thread that you contacted the prior owner (I could be wrong..you are saying it was a former rental) and he told you that the dealership gave him trade in value on a "damaged" vehicle?

O'C

p.s. I'm going to re-read the original posts. And scratch what I had said earlier...I couldn't find that part. Best of luck! Did you call the better business bureau? I'm sure they will help you out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts