Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2007 Limited Commander with the 3.7 4x4. I live in the Country on a Gravel road and have had way too many flats. I just discovered I cannot buy an E-rating tire for my Commander. What were they thinking when they put the P245/65 R17 tires on an off road vehicle. I need to figure someway to either go to a larger tire to be able to have a 10 ply or get a tire that can handle the sharp rocks. Will this Jeep handle the P245/70 R17 without rubbing the wheel wells on turns, etc? Or will I have to get a lift kit put in?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I bought the Goodrich Long Trail T/A's and have had multiple flats which the tire had to be replaced.

Thanks
Griz

·
Registered
343 Posts
I bought a set of Toyo Open Country At's and could not be happier. I travel down dirt roads now and then, and never had a problem.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I own a 2007 Limited Commander with the 3.7 4x4. I live in the Country on a Gravel road and have had way too many flats. I just discovered I cannot buy an E-rating tire for my Commander. What were they thinking when they put the P245/65 R17 tires on an off road vehicle. I need to figure someway to either go to a larger tire to be able to have a 10 ply or get a tire that can handle the sharp rocks. Will this Jeep handle the P245/70 R17 without rubbing the wheel wells on turns, etc? Or will I have to get a lift kit put in?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I bought the Goodrich Long Trail T/A's and have had multiple flats which the tire had to be replaced.

Thanks
Griz
BFG makes the AT/KO, KM2, and both in an 245x70/17 and for the TOYO mt's you will need a lift and trimming

·
Registered
696 Posts
I dont know if the Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor's are technically any better then what you are running but I have 4 for sale that did excellent off road on all kinds of rocks. Great All-Terrain tread pattern compared to their sister tire the Fortera. They are the stock size so you wouldnt have to worry about a lift or any rubbing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts