Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i have a 2007 jeep commander and today i painted black with nite shade my 3rd light: the result is disgusting!! no more light and full of sign....
so i have to buy a new one..
someone is selling one?
no one knows if there is already black or smoked??
thanks a lot

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't think they sell any smoked 3rd brake lights but I know you can buy replacements at www.justforjeeps.com

·
Registered
23 Posts
How many coats of NiteShade did you spray? You really dont need anymore than 2-3 good coats. I used Rvinyl for mine. If you don't like it, than you can always take it off.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think they sell any smoked 3rd brake lights but I know you can buy replacements at www.justforjeeps.com
Thanks a lot man i ll take a look considering that i dont wanna pay 80$ for the original mopar one:)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many coats of NiteShade did you spray? You really dont need anymore than 2-3 good coats. I used Rvinyl for mine. If you don't like it, than you can always take it off.
Just 3 or 4 but is not nice at all.. I clean it before to be sure that the surface ll be clean but look the result... ( i hope from the pic u can see)
With how i can remove it without destroing the plastic?? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
did you sand it down with a high grit sand paper prior to applying the Nite Shade? That may be why it shows the scratches. I would suggest ordering a new one from somewhere online and start over. I'm pretty sure you can find a replacement third brake light cheaper than $80.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did you sand it down with a high grit sand paper prior to applying the Nite Shade? That may be why it shows the scratches. I would suggest ordering a new one from somewhere online and start over. I'm pretty sure you can find a replacement third brake light cheaper than $80.
No i didnt scratch it before..maybe thats why.. But if i ll try to scratch out the nite shade with a very very light grit...? Is it a bad idea?
Because even if ll scratch the plastic than i ll cover it with plastic film back...

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
23 Posts
Never hurts to try...Just be weiry of the outcome.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya that's true.. i ll give a try at last i ll buy a new one...hope i ll not fail;)
i ll keep u update

·
Registered
23 Posts
Definately keep me updated with the results. PM me with any questions. If you go with vinyl I'll give you some helpful tips.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks a lot!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts