Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife got stuck in the snow the other day, so went to pull her out with a tow strap and noticed I could see anything to attach to. Are there tow hooks under the plastic shields? Has any one add some to the front or back that has a picture? Thanks!

·
Administrator
15,249 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Just curious, what are the specs on her commander and how deep was the snow that she got stuck in? I have been in snow well over 2 feet deep with no problems.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I'm thinking she got stuck cause she didn't turn off the electronics. It would have detected wheel spin then and applied the brakes to the wheel spinning and maybe even cut the engine.

First thing to do unless your really stuck, press and hold the ESP button about 10 sec, until it shows EPS off in the EVIC. Then if you need to put it in 4Low.

Or am I way off base?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2007 Sport QD1

She was trying to run over an icy snow plow burm for the neighbors so they could get their car in. She ended up angled downhill and tilted sideways toward the burm. She did not turn off the electronics. If she turned off the electronics would there only be one wheel trying to get traction? We just got the Commander on Valentine's Day so we don't know all the tricks yet.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
When you turn off the electronics it sends power to all wheels.

·
Administrator
15,249 Posts

·
Administrator
15,249 Posts
Love those shackles. Do they clank when you drive? I am considering hooks until I saw your pic.
Those are on a Grand Cherokee. I don't know if you will be able to mount them on a Commander. To my knowledge nobody here has them on the front. Some members do have one on the rear mounted in the hitch receiver.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Love those shackles. Do they clank when you drive? I am considering hooks until I saw your pic.
No they don't, i have them on very tight so they don't get stolen. There is no movement whatsoever.. Daystar makes shackle guards that keep them from hitting the bumper but mine have plenty of room that i don't even need them.
$50 bucks a piece and they are form a 06 Wrangler Rubicon (direct bolt on existing tow hook bracket)

·
Administrator
15,249 Posts
XK/WK are the same platform, he should have no problem.
I know they are the same platform but that doesn't mean that there aren't some differences.

·
Administrator
15,249 Posts
Well they look great.
They do look good. And I would like to have them, too. Need to find out if they will work on the Commander.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey....I like the Rampage shackle kit....I have them on my Unlimited. Do the holes for the bolts line up, or did you have to drill new ones into the frame?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
A couple posts up he stated that they were direct bolt on to exhisting tow hook bracket.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts