Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently found an awesome deal on some nitto terra grapplers, they are a 275 60 20, i have the stock 17s but am willing to buy some new wheels, i was wondering what tire would be good and if i would have to do anymore lifting to my xk and what my options are now, i currently have the 2 inch daystar but im willing to do more to get the tires to fit. thanks

i mean what wheel would be good haha

·
Registered
11 Posts
i am selling my tires that are currently on my jeep im 95% on road and 5% off so i dont see it being practical for me to keep my tires and spacers i have BFGoodrich Mud terrain 255/75/17 which is a 32.5" tire and i also have 2" Spidertrax spacers everything has been on the jeep for only 3 months the tires have 90% treadlife left the tires new are 750 for 4 with shipping and the spacers are 200 i will give you the tires for 550 for 4 and the spacers for 150 let me know and i will list them on ebay or something privatly for you!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
i am selling my tires that are currently on my jeep im 95% on road and 5% off so i dont see it being practical for me to keep my tires and spacers i have BFGoodrich Mud terrain 255/75/17 which is a 32.5" tire and i also have 2" Spidertrax spacers everything has been on the jeep for only 3 months the tires have 90% treadlife left the tires new are 750 for 4 with shipping and the spacers are 200 i will give you the tires for 550 for 4 and the spacers for 150 let me know and i will list them on ebay or something privatly for you!
He wants rims not tires, he said he had a great deal on tires already.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Actually, if you read his question over again, he was asking about tires too.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
i recently found an awesome deal on some nitto terra grapplers, they are a 275 60 20, i have the stock 17s but am willing to buy some new wheels, i was wondering what tire would be good and if i would have to do anymore lifting to my xk and what my options are now, i currently have the 2 inch daystar but im willing to do more to get the tires to fit. thanks

Just so you are aware. A 275/60R20 is a 33 inch tall tire. You would need either a 4 inch Superlift or 4 inch BDS to clear those tires. Unless you took a sawzall to your XK and completely destroy it to fit that size tire. Members have been known to do that. lol

·
Registered
248 Posts
The deal on those tires are THAT good that you'll willing to spend more money to buy expensive rims? That's bass ackwards thinking man. I hope someone is PAYING you to take them.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
He is looking for wheel suggestions.

The tire will need more room than you have now. 3-4" lift with spacers or proper backspacing on the wheel.

7.5 (stock width)wont be wide enough, you'll need to get an 8 or better wheel.

Go to the discount tire website and look for a chart for wheel to tire sizes.
AEV is another good palce for wheels. Ask the experts about wheel sizing.

Get the Rockstar wheels if you want a particular wheel suggestion, or Cragar soft 8...only my suggestions.......

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Cragar Soft 8 Wheels

Wheel Diameter17 in.Wheel Width (in)8.00 in.Backspacing (in)4.500 in.Offset (mm)0.00mmWheel MaterialSteelWheel FinishBlackWheel Construction2-pieceBeadlock IncludedNoBeadlock FunctionalNoLug Nut Seat StyleConical seat - 60 degreeHub CentricNoCenter Bore Diameter (in)4.280 in.Center Cap IncludedNoValve Stems IncludedNoQuantitySold individually.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
i recently found an awesome deal on some nitto terra grapplers, they are a 275 60 20, i have the stock 17s but am willing to buy some new wheels, i was wondering what tire would be good.

Actually, if you read his question over again, he was asking about tires.
Actually, if you read his question over again, he said "i mean what wheel".

Thanks, I am glad I was not the only one who noticed that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it is an awesome deal, i was wondering if their was a way to clear them without resorting to a superlift or sawzall lol, otherwise i could just buy new tires and keep my rims

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:icon_confused:

The tire will need more room than you have now. 3-4" lift with spacers or proper backspacing on the wheel.

7.5 (stock width)wont be wide enough, you'll need to get an 8 or better wheel.

Go to the discount tire website and look for a chart for wheel to tire sizes.
AEV is another good palce for wheels. Ask the experts about wheel sizing.

Get the Rockstar wheels if you want a particular wheel suggestion, or Cragar soft 8...only my suggestions.......
i figured i would need more lift, is the only way to acheive that by getting the 4 incher from superlift or bds?????

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts

Actually, if you read his question over again, he said "i mean what wheel".

I understand that. But right above it also says "what tire would be good"

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
:icon_confused:
i figured i would need more lift, is the only way to acheive that by getting the 4 incher from superlift or bds?????
You could always double stack spacer lifts.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Bad idea I think.
You could always double stack spacer lifts.
Doesnt matter on the mfg of the lift. When you use a 2" lift, you really dont have to worry about relocating brakelines or replacing shocks. 4" lift,
absolutely.

I am not the best source, talk to the guys with 4" lifts or a better knowledge of this.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I understand that. But right above it also says "what tire would be good"
Then you didn't read the thread title & the last line where he corrected himself. :stickpoke:

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Bad idea I think.
Never said it was a good idea. There are members running double stacked lifts without any issues. It all depends on if he plans on taking his XK off roading or not. If I never took mine off road it would have been double lifted a long time ago.

Then you didn't read the thread title & the last line where he corrected himself. :stickpoke:
If he wanted to correct himself couldnt he just hit the backspace button on his keyboard???? His post was never edited.

Regardless he was talking about both wheels and tires.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
If he wanted to correct himself couldnt he just hit the backspace button on his keyboard?
He could have, many new members do not know that they can click "edit" and fix typing errors. No biggie.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
He could have, many new members do not know that they can click "edit" and fix typing errors. No biggie.
I dont think you understand what im saying.

He made the correction at the bottom of his post. Prior to hitting the submit button to open the new thread, he could have hit that long button on the keyboard that says backspace and deleted what he didnt want to be posted.

I guess its not a big deal. We just totally hijacked his thread

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts

He made the correction at the bottom of his post. Prior to hitting the submit button to open the new thread, he could have hit that long button on the keyboard that says backspace and deleted what he didnt want to be posted.

Yes, but it was fun! I will clean it up later.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

just to help you guys clear this up i was talking about wheels i accidentally put tires and like 49er said i didnt know you could go back and edit it lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts