Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned many a Jeep in the past, from the CJ5, CJ7, a bunch of Wrangers, few Cherokees, and a couple of Grand Cherokees. I must admit that when the Commander hit the showrooms I loved it, but didn't need it. During our last Grand Cherokee day, grand children came into the world, as they got a little older the spousal unit saw a segment on 60 minutes about how easy the seat belt could be released by accident in a collision. She then with in weeks decided to move over to a Expedition EB 4x4. A couple of months ago we gave the Expedition to our daughter and her family. We figured we could get by with just our current garage stable of vehicles (2008 F-550 crew cab conversion, 2006 reg cab F-250 Ford V-10, 2005 Lincoln LS V-8).
However we do kind of miss having an SUV type vehicle for quick trips and grocery runs (Costo included) and having an area in the car that has A/C to help keep cold stuff cold.
Here is where the Commander comes into the picture. I am looking at two different models. One is an 08 Sport with the Mountain Edition 4.7 V-8 4x4 nicely equipped New for around $22,000.
The other is an 2007 Limited fully loaded with the Hemi 4x4, brand new, but I have no idea as to what it would be worth now. Edmunds price line on a used with near no miles list is around $22,000.
So what are your thoughts.
Also kind of off the main train of thought, is there enough room in the back seat for a child car seat and yet have any seating room left in the front seat?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
If you mean the 3rd row of seats, you could put a car seat there if necessary but, there is no LATCH hookups back there, only in the middle row,and it would be a pain to get back there to put the child in and out. My daughter is in a booster in the middle row and there is plenty of room for her and in the front.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I am talking the middle row a seats for the car seat. From what I understand the third row of seats are pretty difficult to get into and has limited room.
On our Expediton the third row of seat saw very little use and spent most of it's time in the folded postion.
Thank you for your reply

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
As far a car seats go there is plenty of room. I have two kids one in a booster, behind the passenger, and one now in a forward facing car seat, behind the driver. Even with the baby in the infant seat there was still penty of room for me (6'1") in the drivers seat.

As far as which one to buy, either one is a good choice. Drive 'em both and see which one you like best.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
If I understand you right, you have found a brand new 2007 Liimited with a Hemi? I'm surprised it never sold. I would go for the 07 Limited with the Hemi. That's what I have and I love it. Very comfortable, I like the mix of luxury, power and trailering capability and the 4wd system (QuadrDrive II) is awesome.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Go ahead and jump on board my friend!!!! :) From the looks of it, you're a Jeep loyalist and I believe you should go ahead and add on to your collection!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts